Where to eat well for little money in Genoa?
Capital of Liguria, Genoa is a city that enchants! A port city, it offers a multitude of interesting sights and a rich cuisine. Today we are going to know where to eat well for little money in Genoa. Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams !!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
A little about Liguria and its cuisine
Liguria is one of the most beautiful regions in Italy. Genoa, its capital, is home to one of the busiest ports in all of Italy, as well as being a very charming city. The city is also home to one of the best Italian cuisines with pastas, sweets, meats and much more. The flagship of the city is the Genoese pesto. The green sauce is based on basil, garlic, pinoli, parmesan, pecorino cheese, salt and oil and it pleases almost all palates with ease. In Genoa it is mainly served with a pasta called Trofie, typical of the region. Discover our section on Food in Italy, with many tips and information for you to eat well in Italy without getting in trouble!
Other traditional dishes
Another traditional dish is the Genoese focaccia. The dough is light, soft and very tasty and can be covered with several options: cheeses, tomatoes, onions and many others; but it can also be enjoyed without any topping, as it is equally delicious. Genoese Minestrone is also famous. It is a delicious vegetable soup!
For those who love cod, they can safely taste Stoccafisso alla genovese. The dish is based on codfish with anchovies, onions, celery, garlic, potatoes, olives, carrots, tomatoes, pinoli, raisins, herbs and white wine. Of course, each place has its own reinterpretation of the dish, but it is always tasty.
The best part: the dessert
For dessert, you can opt for a coffee semifreddo called Panera. The name unites the words ‘panna and nera’ (cream and black – a black cream). It is made with coffee, and is a real ‘caress’ for the palate. Italians place great value on homemade food and, in Genoa, it would be no different. The kitchen tradition here has a special flavor, as the sailors’ wives cooked to pass the time and wait for their loved ones who returned from the sea at the end of the day, that is: traditions and flavors kept, luckily for us! Without further ado, let’s get to know the best places to eat well for little money in splendid Genoa. Don’t miss the Fantastic Aquarium of Genoa!
1) Where to eat well for little money in Genoa? AL MARMO
Al Marmo – with typical dishes and great portions, the house also offers great craft beers and an excellent wine list. It is recommended to make reservations for dinner, as it is quite disputed, or arrive a little before the opening. It also has a fantastic wine bar, which is a great option for an aperitif.
- Where is it: Via Marcello Cerruti, 19 | Sestri Ponente – Genoa.
- Opening hours: Monday, from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm; Tuesday, from 6:30 am to 8:00 pm, Wednesday, from 6:30 am to 8:30 pm; Thursdays and Fridays, from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm; Saturday, from 6:30 am to 11:00 pm.
2) Where to eat well for little money in Genoa? PASTA STREET
Pasta Street – With several options ranging from snacks to delicious pasta dishes, it is a great option for those who want excellent cost-effective flavor and quality.
- Where it is: Piazza della Meridiana 12R – Genoa.
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 10:30 am to 10:00 pm.
3) Where to eat well for little money in Genoa? OSTERIA SOPRA II MARE
Osteria Sopra Il Mare – a fan of fresh seafood? Then this place is for you! With delicious dishes, pleasant atmosphere and great service, the charming restaurant is worth a visit.
- Where is it: Vico Cicala, 5R – Genoa.
- Opening hours:Tuesday, from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm; from wednesday to saturday, from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm and from 7:15 pm to 10:00 pm, and from Sunday, from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
4) Where to eat well for little money in Genoa? PINSACCIO
Pinsaccio – typically Roman, also offers great Genoese dishes and is located in a charming place. The value for money is incredible, the service is first-rate and the environment is very pleasant.
- Where it is: Via dei Giustiniani 7/9R – Genoa.
- Opening hours: Monday, from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm; Wednesday to Monday, from 12:00 pm to 02:30 pm; Wednesday to Friday, from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 pm to 11:30 pm.
5) Where to eat well for little money in Genoa? PASTIFICIO ARTIGIANALE DI CANNETO
Pastificio Artigianale di Canneto – with fresh pasta, offering various types of sauce and all delicious. Discreet, it’s a nice place, but very dear to the locals themselves.
- Where it is: Via di Canneto Il Curto, 49/R corner with Via San Lorenzo – Genoa.
- Opening hours: Sunday, from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm; Monday to Wednesday, from 9:30 am to 8:00 pm; Thursdays from 9:30 am to 10:30 pm and Friday and Saturday from 9:30 am to 8:00 pm.
6) Where to eat well for little money in Genoa? OSTAIETTA
Ostaietta – beautiful dishes, well served and tasty! That’s the whole menu of this restaurant charm. Well located and with great service, it has several options of dishes for all tastes.
- Where it is: Via Canevari, 280R – Genoa.
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday, from 12:00 pm to 03:00 pm; from wednesday to saturday, from 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm.
7) Where to eat well for little money in Genoa? ZIMINO
Zimino – with wonderful food, it’s always crowded, as the prices are excellent! It’s hard to find a place to sit, but it’s well worth having lunch there!
- Where it is: Vico delle Scuole Pie 4R – Genoa.
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 12:15 pm to 3:00 pm.
8) Where to eat well for little money in Genoa? THE CABANNETTA OF CIANDERLIN
The Cabannetta of Cianderlin – with typical and homemade dishes, the restaurant is one of the favorites of the city. The flagship of the house is the delicious Genoese Minestrone: wonderful!
- Where it is: Via Pianderlino, 12 – Genoa.
- Opening hours: every day from 12:00 pm to 02:30 pm and Saturday from 12:00 pm to 12:00 am. – schedule changes may occur without prior notice.
9) Where to eat well for little money in Genoa? FOCACCERIA GENOVESE
Focacceria Genovese – with the typical Genoese focaccia as its flagship, it is ideal for those who want to experience the authentic Genoese flavor and are looking for something quick but delicious! There is the simple option and you can choose to fill it with your favorite cold cuts.
- Where it is: Piazza Fossatello, 9R – Genoa.
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday, from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm.
10) Where to eat well for little money in Genoa? ANTICA OSTERIA REATIN
Antica Osteria Reatin – with a varied menu, works since 1811 and offers delicious dishes! With a lot of variety, the flagships are, of course, typical dishes.
- Where it is: Via del monte 90 – Genoa.
- Opening hours:: Friday and Saturday, from 8:00 pm to 12:00 am; Saturday and Sunday, from 12:00 pm to 02:30 pm.
Folks, remember that some hours may change according to the season, so get informed before going to the place. A good suggestion is to book in advance, especially on two occasions: during the summer, in high season, when the city is CROWDED, and for dinner, which is usually the busiest time. Learn here How to book a restaurant in Italy?
Of course, the city offers a huge range of restaurants: the more centralized, the more expensive! If you want more affordable places, get away from the center a little or look for them in the adjacent streets, those little known by tourists. A suggestion is to ask if the hotel where you are staying has any indication: sometimes they are affiliated and even offer a discount. Also ask if the hotel has a restaurant: sometimes they have restaurants and it ends up unnoticed in our madness of looking for a good and cheap restaurant.
Watch this video and learn: How To Save On Food In Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
Where to eat well for little money in Genoa? Genoa, like all of Italy, offers excellent options for those who want to eat well for little money. The restaurants are charming, most offer great options for all tastes and prices suit all budgets; you just need know how to choose. Enjoy your food!
Are you insecure?
If you feel insecure, have no time, and need help to organize your trip, don’t hesitate to contact me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy come true. And how can I do that? Keep reading this post until the end and you will understand how we make your life and your trip much easier.
Did my post help you? If so, be sure to post your comment below, but if you still have questions just send me a message I will answer you as soon as possible!