How to book a restaurant in Italy?
Did you know that there are great options of places to eat in Italy and that you can secure your place by booking online? Remember to avoid restaurants located in the tourist areas, they are much more expensive and generally the food is not of a great quality, so always pay attention to our information and tips! But how to book a restaurant in Italy? Learn everything about food in our Food in Italy section! There you will find many tips and information about restaurants, typical foods, wines and much more. Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
The purpose of this Post, in addition to teaching you step-by-step instructions for an online reservation, is to give you the best tips on how to choose a restaurant well, and for that just click here! Once the restaurant has been chosen, we can start booking and secure your place in the restaurant!
Sending E-mail to the Restaurant
The e-mail you will send to the chosen restaurant must contain the following message in Italian (remember to remove the text in English that is in brackets).
Buon giorno, (good morning)
Vorrei prenotare un tavolo per la cena (dinner) / pranzo (lunch) del giorno (for the day) __ / __ / __ per (number of people) ____. Vorrei prenotare per l ’ora (for the hour) __: __.
Potrei ricevere informazione sul prezzo and sul vostro menu? (Can I get information about the price and its menu?)
Cari saluti, (regards)
_________________________ (write your name here)
Booking a Restaurant at The Fork
We are happy to inform you that, we are now affiliated with The Fork website, to familiarize you with our new partner, we have prepared a step by step program to learn how to book a restaurant quickly, conveniently and safely . Let’s take a look?! ; )
The Fork is one of the most respected websites when it comes to booking restaurants online. It was created in 2007, in France, and in 2014 it became part of the renowned TripAdvisor, covering restaurants in 17 countries. The numbers are impressive: it has a catalogue with 65,000 restaurants, 830 employees, 17 million reviews, 27 million monthly visits and 19 million downloads of its application.
At The Fork you can choose a restaurant by genre, price, location and make reservations directly through the website or the app. It is ideal for those who are traveling and for the undecided on duty, who never know what and where to eat! One of the best things about the site is that it does not ask for a credit card number or prepayment, besides the reservation is free and there are several promotions that even offer up to 50% discount!
If you want to CANCEL the reservation, you can do it at any time without paying ANYTHING, unlike other sites that charge a reservation fee and, in case of cancellation, a fee to cancel. The Fork’s website is simple, organized, super complete and very easy to use! So, without further ado, let’s learn how to book with The Fork?
1) How to book a restaurant in Italy? STEP 01
Open The Fork website. You will find this screen (remembering that the site screen on the “Home” can be changed according to promotions and events on the site itself, we take no responsibility for the content of the site):
2) How to book a restaurant in Italy? STEP 02
Then choose your destination country, at the top left, as shown below. You will see that there are several options, from several cities and from several countries. No wonder The Fork is one of the pioneers in the segment. Well, choose Italy:
3) How to book a restaurant in Italy? STEP 03
After making your choice, choose your destination city; Our simulation will take us to Rome, on Christmas Eve. It is worth remembering that if your destination city is not in the list that appears when you click on the top, just enter the name of the destination city and choose manually from the options that will appear below.
- if you want to have more city options, you can go directly to The Fork’s Italian website (click here!); once there, just follow the same steps that we will give you here to find all the cities that the site covers. It’so easy!
4) How to book a restaurant in Italy? STEP 04
After choosing the city, you will find a screen with some options: on the left side, you can choose the restaurant by location on the map, sort by relevance, price, reviews and other various options, or use filters, for example, vegetarians , with discounts, romantic, etc.
On the right side, you will find three tabs: All, Insider and Pop; On the “ALL” tab, you can find the list of all the restaurants available in that city that are part of The Fork; on the “INSIDER” tab, you will find choices of tables selected by The Fork team that usually offers the best located tables (it may cost a little more than the ‘traditional’ one) and on the “POP” tab, you will find the best discounts available , which can even include drinks at great prices included in the meal.
5) How to book a restaurant in Italy? STEP 05
Let’s simulate a reservation for the Christmas dinner, December 24th.
- If you are going to spend Christmas or another holiday in Italy, be sure not to make reservations at the last minute, especially if you are in a small town; this is because not all restaurants are open. The tip is also valid for those traveling in August: this is the month chosen by most places for holidays (it is the height of the Italian summer), and they do not care to close business to stay on the beach for one month, so: stay smart and get organized in advance!
For our simulation, we will choose one of the best rated restaurants on The Fork, Ossimoro. On the restaurant’s page at The Fork you will find information about the menu, discounts, address, map and much more. Everything very complete… it’s fantastic!
Here, you will choose the date, the time and the number of people. Once the choice is made, just click on continue, as shown below.
- Some restaurants only open for dinner, that is, you will not find a reservation for lunch, of course; but if you want to find alternative ‘times you can filter the results in the tabs on the left that we mentioned at the beginning.
6) How to book a restaurant in Italy? STEP 06
At this time, you will be asked to log in to the website, which can also be done with your Facebook account. From now on, you just need to fill in some more information such as name, surname and phone; it is also on this screen that you can include special requests, or information such as, wedding anniversary celebration, honeymoon, allergies, if you prefer your table in the lounge or on the terrace (if available).
- We, from Your Travel to Italy and The Fork website, do not guarantee that your requests will be met, as this depends on the RESTAURANT chosen. If you have any food restrictions, check in advance if the chosen restaurant offers a special menu such as LAC and GLUTEN Free.
7) How to book a restaurant in Italy? STEP 07
All set! Reservation made! Below you will find the INVITATION options, where you can send the reservation to someone you know and invite them to join you; CALENDAR, where you can add the reservation directly to your calendar; MAP, for you to know the exact location of the restaurant and CANCEL, in case you want to cancel your reservation. Remember that if you want to make any changes to the reservation, you need to CANCEL and repeat the whole process.
8) How to book a restaurant in Italy? STEP 08
After booking you will receive an email confirming your booking:
That will inform you of the date, time, number of people and restaurant data.
How to book a restaurant in Italy? Our partnership with The Fork comes to make your life easier and offer you great options of restaurants of various types, prices and locations. Be sure to tell us about your experience with The Fork, ok!?! Enjoy your meal! And if you feel insecure, have no time, and need help to organize your trip, don’t hesitate to contact me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy come true. And how can I do that? Keep reading this post until the end and you will understand how we make your life and your trip much easier
Did my post help you? If so, be sure to post your comment below, but if you still have questions just send me a message I will answer you as soon as possible!
An Extra Help for your Trip
Car Rental in Italy - Want to travel in Italy by car but don't know where to rent one? We have the solution for you!
Suitcase to bring wine from Italy - How about a suitcase for you to take the best Italian wines to your house? Learn more about this facility
The best content from Your Travel to Italy!
Learn more about our tours in Italy right now!
- What to visit in Italy in 10 days?
- The ten must-see places in Tuscany?
- The best tips to save on your trip to Italy?
- What are the 10 most visited cities in southern Italy?
- Airports in Italy? How to get to your hotel? (Venice, Milan, Rome, Florence)
- What to do in 1/2/3/4 days in the main Italian cities?
- The best tips on food in Italy (wines, typical food, enogastronomy tours)
- How to get from Fiumicino Airport to Rome downtown?
- Your Travel to Italy: 10 tips for traveling through Italy!
Best regards from Italy