Tourism for seniors in Italy
Who said that the most beautiful time in life is only youth? Life is also full at 60! Yes, I know what you are thinking, I can imagine that with advancing age some difficulties will appear and not everything can be done in the same way, but did you know that you can enjoy your deserved freedom of employment (retirement) to make up for what you can have difficulty? Tourism for seniors in Italy? Don’t miss this post for anything !!! Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
All photos shown in this Post are from readers of our blog. Everyone is over 55 years old, beautiful and full! Also join our blog with your travel photos
You are free from work commitments, but maybe you are a grandfather or grandmother and sometimes this also ends up being a second job, right? But I’m sure your grandchildren can give you a few days off, so you have no excuse for not enjoying life !!!
How? When you retire, you start a new life, finally after many years of work, you can have the deserved rest! That’s because you will have more time to enjoy all your passions and all those activities that you can never cultivate throughout your life. One of the best ways to enjoy this new period of freedom is to dedicate yourself to traveling, alone or accompanied, the important thing is that you can visit those places that you have always dreamed of visiting and never can for so many reasons !!
1) Tourism for seniors in Italy – FOLLOW OUR ADVICE
Shall we start our advice? The moment you start organizing your trip, remember these little tips that can make all the difference during your trip:
- Visit only one country at a time and don’t overdo the number of things you are going to do each day.
- Choose the itinerary of each day with peaceful walks, try to use the subway, taxi, etc. for the longest walks. Read also our section: Itineraries in Italy!
- Choose the cities you want to visit well. Choose those places you’ve always dreamed of visiting and, occasionally, venture! Sometimes it’s interesting to do new things and change the routine a little bit, right?
- If you buy tours in groups, choose tours with small groups, because otherwise it will be complicated to follow the rhythm of the group, and it will end up being a tour that you will not enjoy so much!
- Preferably travel with one more person to share every moment of your trip, if it is not possible do not be afraid to travel alone!
- When organizing your trip, remember to check if hotels have elevators, if they don’t, at least try to book the room on the first floor. Imagine carrying your bags up the stairs ?
- If you are buying train tickets, remember to book the assistance service for your bags, O.K.? Read our section about train in Italy.
- A very important and fundamental thing, health insurance! Don’t forget to buy great health insurance! It is money that is worth investing, nothing better than traveling with the certainty that for any eventual problem you will not have to spend a lot of money, but that you will mainly have all the assistance of the insurer.
- And finally, choose the ideal station for your trip! Read also: What are the best period to visit Italy?
Planning a trip is an unique and challenging experience. There are many obstacles that you need to face, several problems to solve and details that seem to appear from nowhere and that complicate your life even more. In today’s post we will present the advantages for you to hire the best consultancy in travel to Italy!
2) Tourism for seniors in Italy – CHOOSE THE BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
When is the best time to travel in Italy for seniors? If you are over 58, there are times of the year that are more suitable. Obviously it depends on each person. Basically, if you have no health problems you can travel whenever you want and with any means of transport. Anyway, we detail below the best times to travel. Choose the best one for you;)
From April to June
The best period is from April to June, in the low season, when summer is just beginning or, in September and October, when the sun is not very strong.
Watch this video and learn: What is the average cost of a day in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
May and June
May and June are the months when the flowers are most vivid and the colors and aromas show us that the time has come for a vacation! So in my opinion it is the most beautiful period to travel !!
July and August
If you choose warmer periods like July and August, I advise you to be careful and go out in the coolest hours, in the morning until 11:00 and after 17:00. At other times always remember to bring a hat to protect yourself from the sun !! WHAT IS THE BEST PERIOD TO TRAVEL TO ITALY.
3) Tourism for seniors in Italy – CHOOSE YOUR TYPE OF TOURISM
Where to go? What kind of tourism to choose? Basically you can organize your trip according to your taste, choosing one of the typologies or joining more than one! Let’s see here some typology options that will be important for your trip planning.
Italian Art Cities
Return to Origins
Do you have Italian origin? So dedicate part of your trip to get to know the city of your ancestors, this is an experience you deserve to live !! Also read our post Discovering Your Origins!
The Italian Sea
Do you want to know the Italian sea? Choose as period May or September, during that period you can relax, because the beaches will not be as crowded as in the months of June, July and August. I recommend Liguria, Calabria, Sicily and Sardinia as options.
Mountains and Spa
If you prefer the mountains instead of the sea, one of the areas that you can visit in Italy is undoubtedly: Trentino and Valle d´Aosta. In these regions you will find everything you need for an outdoor and relaxing holiday. There you can enjoy long walks on the mountain trails, organize a mini boat cruise (Trentino) on the lake or relax in some great Italian SPA. You deserve it, right?
Be sure to discover the most famous pilgrimage places in Italy: Rome, Padua (Saint Anthony), Asissi, Cassia (Saint Rita), San Giovanni Rotondo (Father Pio). You will be enchanted by the magical energy of these places.
Another interesting idea is to make an exchange program. You will spend an unforgettable season learning another language and living the daily life of the inhabitants of the place you have chosen. I advise: Tuscany, Calabria (Tropeia or Reggio Calabria) and Veneto.
Do you prefer to travel alone or with a friend?
If you are traveling alone, remember to “study” my blog posts to organize your trip in the best possible way, the important thing is that you do not give up on your dream !!! Also read: Traveling alone to Italy?
Remember: if you are going to ask a travel agency to arrange everything for you, consider the following points:
- Complete travel package with all services, such as: hotels of a good category, transfers, train tickets and guides;
- Quiet City Tours, with small groups;
- Assistance at railway stations for bags;
- Hotels without architectural barriers such as stairs and with supported bathrooms;
- Health insurance: for any problem you must have the best medical assistance;
- Telephone number of a english-speaking person who will be able to assist you throughout your trip!
Tourism for seniors in Italy. In conclusion, you shouldn’t be afraid to travel, this is one of the best times, the children are raised, you no longer have fixed appointments with a job so you can take a vacation at any time, what are you waiting for? Do like our readers, get to know Italy and fall in love with this wonderful country !!!
If you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip, do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier.
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, O.K.?