Tips on eating in Italy?
Eating (mangiare) in Italy is something sacred, a real social act. Undoubtedly, it is one one of the countries with the best food in the world. Shall we find out some tips on food in Italy? If you want more information about food in Italy, go to our Blog and access the Food section. In this section you will have lots of information about breakfast in Italy, how to save on food, restaurant tips and much more. So, let’s go to our post Tips on eating in Italy? Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
One of the typical Italian programs is to go to a good restaurant, order a good wine and follow the whole ritual of dishes:
- anti pasto (starter),
- primo piatto (first dish: pasta, soup or risotto),
- secondo piatto (second dish, meats with cotorni, which are potatoes or vegetables),
- insalata (salad),
- coffee and amaro (coffee with grappa, which is a spirit of wine).
1) Tips on eating in Italy? TYPICAL PLACES
Typical places are restaurants, pizzeria, trattoria / osteria (a little more familiar and informal) and birreria (brewery). In Italy, there are also many rosticceria, which are specialized places for some type of food to buy and take home (snacks, pizzas, cheeses, breads, etc.). Read also What are the 10 most romantic restaurants in Italy?
2) Tips on eating in Italy? DRINKS
Drinks: vini (wines) mainly, cappuccino, liqueurs, appetizers and grappa.
3) Tips on eating in Italy? TRADITIONAL DISHES
Traditional dishes are pasta (pasta), pizza and cheese (formaggi). Lastly, you cannot fail to try a gelato (ice cream), one of the many Italian gastronomic wonders.
- Get to know our Section on Food in Italy!
Anyway, each Italian region is special for a type of food or wine, so if you want to know Italy in one of its deepest aspects, I advise that during the trip you always stop for lunch or dinner and order the typical dish of that one region, I’m sure you won’t regret it!
- What is il piatto della casa?
- Qual’ è la vostra ricetta tradizionale?
- Cosa mi consigliate di mangiare?
4) Tips on eating in Italy? TOURIST MENU
Many restaurants offer the tourist menu, which is usually traditional dishes or local specialties prepared with seasonal products. Avoid the tourist menu in restaurants located in very tourist areas, always try to look for a restaurant away from these areas, even if it means walking about 500 meters, the possibility of you spending less and eating better increases a lot.
When you see restaurants where the waiters (or other people) are at the door asking you to come in, run! Remember: In Italy (and probably in any other country), restaurants where people eat well are always full, no one will be calling you in!
- I advise you to always check the menu before ordering anything, if you don’t have it on the menu, ask, not to run the risk of reaching a table with a bottle of wine for 100 €. Take a look at the prices and stay tuned to avoid disappointments. Just ask: Quanto costa questo? ou Quale il valore?
- Always be attentive, as in some places sitting at the table increases the price.
- Read our post How to save on food in Italy?
Watch this video and learn: How to save on food in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
Tips on eating in Italy? Eating (mangiare) in Italy is something sacred, a real social act, and it is undoubtedly one of the countries with the best food in the world. And if you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip, do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier.
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, O.K.?