Do I need an Invitation Letter to enter Italy?
Italy is one of the most visited countries in the world! Many tourists choose hotels to stay during their stay, but there are also those who have family members (friends) who live there and invite them to spend some time at their homes, there are also those who prefer to rent houses / apartments to spend a few days in the country of boot. In any case, if you are not going to stay in a hotel or in a structure that gives you a voucher for your stay, there is no way to “prove it” … So where am I going to stay, right? Well, that’s why an Invitation Letter is required to enter Italy (lettera d’invito)! Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
Today we will tell you everything you need to know about the Invitation Letter! If you are still organizing your trip to Italy I suggest that you also read our posts below, as I am sure they will help you not to forget any details.
- How to plan a trip to Italy?
- What is the documentation for entering Italy?
- Do I need to be vaccinated to enter Italy?
- I lost my passport in Italy! What to do?
- International license to drive in Italy
Now let’s go by parts
- The invitation letter is mandatory for cases such as study, work or accommodation at the home of family and / or friends.
- The Invitation Letter must be made by a resident and there is no need to be related to the letter’s issuer. REMEMBERING THAT THE INVITATION LETTER IS AN INFORMAL DOCUMENT, O.K.?!
1) Do I need an Invitation Letter to enter Italy? REQUIRED DATA
What data needs to be included in the Invitation Letter? In case of an “invitation” from someone who lives in Italy, it is necessary to state:
- Full name of the person who invited you and a copy of the document (which can be Codice Fiscale or Carta D’Identità).
- Full name and document of the person traveling to Italy (copy of the first three pages of the passport).
- ‘Guest’ arrival date and departure date.
- Reason for the visit (in this case, tourism).
- Full address of the house where you will be staying and contact phone of the person inviting you.
- If you have chosen to stay with Airbnb, know that the system is treated as a “hotel”, that is, take the voucher with details and booking information, O.K.?! Find out here the difference between hotel categories in Italy!
2) Do I need an Invitation Letter to enter Italy? WRITING THE LETTER
How do I make an invitation letter? As we have already said, the invitation letter must be made by someone who lives in Italy. Of course, it is possible that you write the letter and send it to that person to sign for you and send you back.
3) Do I need an Invitation Letter to enter Italy? HANDWRITTEN LETTER
Can it be handwritten? It can, but ideally, it should be typed and printed, since it makes the letter easier to read by the authorities. Remembering that it must be written in ITALIAN! On the website of Foreigners in Italy, it is possible to find an excellent model of letter of invitation. To access it CLICK HERE! For something simpler, it is possible to use this model.
4) Do I need an Invitation Letter to enter Italy? HOTEL AND RESIDENCE
What if I stay at a hotel in one city and go to the home of the one who invited me, in another city, only afterwards? You will need both: your hotel reservation and the invitation letter. Why? Because if the date of your return ticket does not match the date of your last night at the hotel, the immigration staff may imply and say that you have no guarantee of accommodation. That is: just in case, it is better to have!
Do I need an Invitation Letter to enter Italy? It is simpler than it looks, isn’t it ?! But remember to plan every detail, and how? On our blog you will find more than 500 posts that will make all the difference in this phase. And if you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip, do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier.
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, O.K.?