What are the most used words when traveling in Italy?
Anyone who thinks that Italian is only spoken in Italy is wrong. Countries like Switzerland, San Marino, Vatican and Istria (in Slovenia) and in some cities in Croatia use Italian as an official language. In other countries like Albania, Malta and Monaco, Italian is a ‘co-official’ language, and even in North Africa, Italian is used mainly in international negotiations. But what are the most used words during a trip in Italy? Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
1) What are the most used words when traveling in Italy? CURIOSITY
Find out how and what to say in Italian and make your trip in Italy easier! It is not a difficult language, but there are some words that deceive us well. Several stores around the world use Italian names for their businesses.
When we are away from ‘home’, it is always interesting to know a few words in the language of the country we are visiting, for example, courtesy words like ‘thank you’, ‘please’, ‘good morning’, ‘hello’, etc. Don’t be ashamed if you need guides, dictionaries and notes, even because we can’t always count on the memory, right ?! Also read What to do in Italy in 10 days?
2) What are the most used words when traveling in Italy? VOCABULARY
If you are going to Italy and do not speak Italian, your problems are over! In this small guide we have collected the most used phrases in different situations for you to be ready for almost anything! ????
Some of the most important words and phrases that you will find in our guide are these:
ASK FOR INFORMATION / CHIEDERE INDICAZIONI E INFORMAZIONI
- I’m looking for: the subway / the restaurant… / the hotel… / the train station / the airport – Sto cercando la metro / il ristorante / l’hotel / l’aeroporto
- Could you help me, please? – Mi potresti aiutare, per favore?
- Excuse me, I would like to know… – Scusa, mi servirebbe sapere…
- Excuse me, could you tell me where it is … – Scusa, mi potresti dire dove è ….
- Could you please show me… (in the map) – Per favore, mi potresti fare vedere.. (num mappa)
- What is the best way to get to… – Quale é il migliore modo di arrivare a…
- How can I get to … (Colosseo? Vatican?) – Come posso arrivare al… (Colosseo? Vaticano?)
- Where can I get a cab? – Dove posso prendere un taxi?
- Where can I get… – Dove posso prendere l’autobus?
- Where is the street / square? – Dove é via …? Dove é piazza …?
- I would like to go to… – Mi piacerebbe andare….
- Do you know where is the…? – Sai dove si trova …?
- Go to the right / left / straight ahead – Deve andare a destra / a sinistra / sempre avanti
- Sorry! I didn’t understand. – Scusa, non ho capito
- Can you repeat? – Puoi ripetere
- Can you speak slowly please? – Puoi parlare più piano? Puoi parlare lentamente?
- Do you speak English? – *formal Il signore (lei) parla Inglese?
- Do you speak English? – Tu parli Inglese? Portoghese? Spagnolo?
- Where is the bathroom? – Dové il bagno?
- Do you need anything else? – Hai bisogno di qualcos’altro?
- Yes, I would like… – Si, mi piacerebbe …
- It is close to – È vicino al …
- It is next to… – È accanto al …
- Not far from here… – Non é lontano da qui…
- In the corner. – All’angolo
- Go straight ahead. – Vada dritto
- Turn to your right/left at the traffic light. – Giri a destra / a sinistra del semaforo
- Walk to the corner.. – Cammini fino all’angolo
- By subway / bus / taxi / on foot: – Di metro/di autobus/di taxi/ a piedi
- Mall – Shopping center
- Newsstand – Edicola
- Restaurant – Ristorante
- How will you pay? – Come vuole pagare?
- I will pay in cash. – Pagheró in contanti
- I will pay with credit card. – Pagherò con la carta di credito
- What time is it? – Che ore sono?
- How does it work? – Come funziona questo?
- How do I use this machine? – Come devo usare questa macchina?
Did you like it? You can find more than 10 pages with the main vocabulary in Italian to be used in your trip to Italy.
Watch this video and learn: What is the average cost of a day in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
What are the most used words when traveling in Italy? Don’t forget to print our vocabulary guide and buon viaggio! If you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip, do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, O.K.?