Where to stay in Polignano a Mare?
Polignano a Mare, in Puglia, is famous for its iconic and romantic restaurant inside a cave, the Grotta Palazzese, but the city offers unmissable charms, breathtaking panoramas and incredible attractions. The ideal is to spend at least one night in the city to make the most of what it has to offer, so today I bring you some tips on where to sleep in Polignano a Mare. Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams !!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
Visit Polignano a Mare
(Source: Micky Bitetto)
Polignano a Mare is just 30 kilometers from Bari, and is a beautiful city in the Puglia region of southern Italy. With its abundant nature, its friendly people and its indisputable charms, the city is always on the list of the most beautiful cities in the country. The city is not big, but it deserves time and dedication so that it can make its ‘specialty’: win you over! Today we are going to know where to sleep in Polignano a Mare. Do you want to know more about Puglia? Visit the list of posts totally dedicated to this fantastic region by Clicking Here!
The city, despite not being big, offers great lodging options and for all budgets: you can find simpler hotels, resorts, inns, luxury hotels, agrotourisms, among other great options. Of course, the choice also depends on which location you prefer: near the beach, in remote locations, near the center or not… Regardless of your choice, you can be sure that it is not difficult to find your ideal accommodation.
1) Where to stay in Polignano a Mare? IN THE HISTORICAL CENTER
One of the most popular places for tourists is, of course, the Historic Center. Close to everything, it offers good accommodation options, but hotels around here tend to be more expensive; this is because you are close to everything and, consequently, this fact makes it much easier for you to move around the city. By the way, staying in the historic center, you’ll be able to experience the most of the city, as you’ll feel like a local: the houses and establishments around here are beautiful, it’s really worth it. The Lama Monachile area also offers us an excellent location and is a great option for those who want to take a day at the beach! But get there early: the beach is small and obviously crowded!
- My recommendation: Dimora Talenti Inn
- Link to learn more and book: dimoratalenti
- About the hostel: located in Polignano a Mare, 150 meters from Lama Monachile Beach and 600 meters from Lido Cala Paura. In addition, a continental or buffet-style breakfast is served daily at the property. San Vito Beach is 2.9 km from Dimora Talenti.
2) Where to stay in Polignano a Mare? FURTHER FROM THE HISTORICAL CENTER
If you don’t want to stay in the historic center, there are other options a little further away. People, the whole city is beautiful and you’ll hardly have problems getting to the historic center with short walks, ok?!
- My indication: Bed and Breakfast B&B Echi di Puglia
- Link to learn more and book: echidipuglia
- About the B&B: Overlooking the garden, Echi di Puglia in Polignano a Mare offers accommodation, an outdoor swimming pool, bar, shared lounge, garden and terrace. Private parking on site. Echi di Puglia serves continental and full English/Irish-style breakfast daily. Bike rental is available, and you can go cycling nearby. Lama Monachile Beach is less than 1 km from Echi di Puglia, while Lido Cala Paura is a 14-minute walk from the property.
- Note: I love this structure!
3) Where to stay in Polignano a Mare? OUT OF TOWN
So don’t worry about distances, as there are no absurd distances in the city, unless you are driving and prefer to stay outside the city itself.
- My recommendation: Masseria Le Torri Inn
- Link to learn more and book: masserialetorri
- About the inn: Offering a seasonal outdoor pool, Masseria LE TORRI is located in Polignano a Mare, 31 km from Bari. Activities in the area include horse riding, diving and fishing. Alberobello is 21 km from Masseria LE TORRI, while Monopoli is 11 km from the property.
4) Where to stay in Polignano a Mare? LIDO CALA PAURA
The Lido Cala Paura area also offers good accommodation options, especially for those who prefer a quieter place. In this region, you will find great hotels for those who want something more affordable; the price difference is not absurd, and you are just a 15-minute walk from the historic centre.
- My indication: Bed and Breakfast B&B Antico Mondo Rooms & Suites
- Link to learn more and book: Anticomondo
- About the B&B: Situated in the historic center of Polignano a Mare, Antico Mondo Rooms & Suites offers elegant accommodation, some with stone walls and wooden beams. This property is 50 meters from the beach. A continental breakfast with sweet and savory items, mainly from the Puglia region, is served daily, and many restaurants, cafes and bars can be found in the immediate vicinity. The property is 8 km from Monopoli and 35 km from Alberobello.
5) Where to stay in Polignano a Mare? GROTTA DELLE MONARCHE
Another great option is the hotels on the other side of Lido Cala Paura, in the Grotta delle Monarche area. It also offers several hotel options at very reasonable prices. The region is excellent and offers a great tourist structure; it is a 20-minute walk from the historic center and also offers us great options for getting to the beach.
The innermost area of Polignano a Mare, that is, “behind” the historic center also offers us a huge range of excellent hotels to stay in tranquility close to the main points of the city. We are talking about the train station area of the city. It is just 10-minute walk from the center and is a very quiet area. The area is also very well structured, and offers bars, restaurants and grocery stores.
One of the city’s most celebrated hotels is the luxurious Grotta Palazzese. Folks, it’s not a cheap hotel, but it’s a splendid hotel! The view from here is breathtaking and it’s impossible not to leave here super satisfied. If you are thinking of staying in the city for just one night and want to have a unique experience in terms of accommodation, consider this very special hotel, you can be sure that it will be one of the best investments in hotel terms you can make. It is just 3 minutes walk from the historic center. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE HOTEL AND BOOK!
- The city has two hotels with the same name! We have the Grotta Palazzese on Via Narciso (the one we have indicated) and another one on the other side of town, the Grotta Palazzese Beach Hotel, which is also a luxury hotel, but is a 10-minute drive from the city center (walking takes time a little more!) – be careful when booking, OK?
Good to know
Polignano a Mare offers us unique attractions, incredible panoramas and it would be practically a sin not to spend at least one night in the city to make the most of what it has to offer. Watching a sunset over there is something very special, so if you get the chance, take at least two days to visit and make the most of the delicious Polignano a Mare. However, if you have little time, but you want to visit the city, get to know that it is also possible. To know exactly where to go to optimize your time, I invite you to read our special post: what to do in Polignano a Mare in a morning?
And if you don’t have experience booking hotels in Italy, then learn now with our special posts!
- How to book a hotel in Italy without getting in trouble!
- Difference between hotel categories in Italy!
Watch this video and learn: What To Do In Italy In 10 Days?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
Where to stay in Polignano a Mare? The Puglia region is one of the most beautiful regions in southern Italy. With an excellent tourist structure, it is a city with easy access, beautiful places and great accommodation options as we can see in our post today. Even if you prefer not to sleep there, if you are nearby, include the city in your itinerary. Rest assured, you will not regret it! It is indeed a magical place!
Are you insecure?
And if you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip , do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier.
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, OK?