Where to shop in Florence?
Florence is a very democratic city for those who want to shop, but don’t have time to go to the big shopping centers in cities like Rome and Milan. Of course, with great options, the city offers options for all budgets and tastes. With the euro’s rise, purchases ended up being in the background for many, but there are still some products that are worth buying in the peninsular country. To learn more, read our post dedicated to this subject by clicking here! But where to shop in Florence? Stay with us and be up to date with the best stores! Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
1) Where to shop in Florence? LUXURY IN FLORENCE
The streets that concentrate luxury in Florence are Via Roma, Via Tornabuone and Via Strozzi. Here you will find renowned brands such as Prada, Dolce and Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Gucci among others. It is worth remembering that the pieces available in other countries are not always the same ones available in Europe, so it is worth taking a look at what is new there. In Via Calzauoli there are several stores in various segments. It can be a great option if you do not make a point of purchasing pieces from renowned brands. Visit our section Shopping in Italy.
2) Where to shop in Florence? THE MALL
One of the most visited places that is only 30 km from Florence is The Mall. The Mall is an outlet that brings together great and countless brands and offers discounts of up to 50%. To make it easier, the place offers excellent transfer services that cost between EUR 7.00 and EUR 35.00, depending on the type of transport chosen.
Watch this video and learn: What is the average cost of a day in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
- The Mall’s opening hours are different in summer and winter, so for more information on transportation, opening hours and days, click here!
3) Where to shop in Florence? MERCADO SAN LORENZO (SAN LOREZO MARKET)
For those who are not in the ‘glamor’ group, there is the EXCELLENT option of Mercado San Lorenzo. The market is next to the homonymous Basilica and it is FANTASTIC! There you can find EVERYTHING and more: leather jackets, woolen clothes, shoes, souvenirs, jewelry, CHEESES at extraordinary prices and MUCH more! It has a multitude of spectacular products at really attractive prices!
- Ask for vacuum-packed cheese, to avoid transport problems!
4) Where to shop in Florence? SUPERMARKETS
A place that may surprise you is the supermarket. There you can find cookies, pasta, sauces, chocolates (delicious!), Jellies, olive oils and a multitude of products at fantastic prices. In larger supermarkets, you can even find women’s, men’s and children’s clothing. Some excellent supermarkets are: Conad, Carrefour and Eurospin. Eurospin is a supermarket that only sells ‘unbranded’ products, so the prices are great!
- At Eurospin you can buy chocolates, hygiene products, and the famous hazelnut cream, which leaves nothing to be desired.
5) Where to shop in Florence? DRUGSTORES
If you want cosmetics, specific beauty products (like from famous brands like La Roche) go to a drugstore. Drugstores offer a great range of various brands of dermocosmetics that, in other, may not pay off. Perfumeries can also be a great choice for those who want to buy makeup, perfumes, nail polish, among others.
6) Where to shop in Florence? POPULAR STORES
If you want clothes with great values and quality brands, go to Via Calimala. This is where the ‘most popular’ stores like Zara, Puma and Geox are located. The prices are very good considering the quality of the products.
Some stores famous for their prices and product quality are located between Vias Panzani and De ‘Cerretani, there you will find H&M, Kiko Milano Make Up, Tiger (which offers a multitude of products for home with incredible design!), the sensational Benetton, Dixie and many others. Vecchio Bridge stores can also offer pleasant surprises. There are concentrated the city’s jewelry stores and some stores with typical products. Despite being a little more expensive, it is worth taking a stroll there!
7) Where to shop in Florence? POPULAR PRICES
One street that also offers good options in Florence is Via Calzaiuoli. The stores there are very affordable and there are several options like Bata, which sells bags, shoes and accessories. Carpisa, who sells beautiful bags at unbeatable prices and there you can also find a Victoria’s Secret. Calzedonia also has a store on this street and is great for buying pantyhose, socks and other items of women’s underwear.
- Much is said about Intimissimi. The store is specialized in lingerie and one is more beautiful than the other, but it is not worth buying in Italy: the prices are similar to those practiced in other countries, so the savings are not that big (unless there is a sale in late July or early January!).
- A differential of Intimissimi from Italy is that the models there are different from those sold in other countries, so you may find a very nice piece! Stay tuned ; )
8) Where to shop in Florence? STREET VENDORS
Guys, there are a lot of street vendors selling ‘brand handbags’ and other known branded items for very low prices on the streets of Florence: DO NOT BUY IT, under any circumstances! The Italian police keep an eye on these people and to reduce the action of these salespeople, the police are also keeping an eye on those who buy counterfeit products.
If the police catch you in the act you may have to pay a FINE between EUR 500 to EUR 1,000! So stay away from these ‘temptations’, O.K.?! Not to mention that it is a product without origin, with a terrible quality and that can even cause allergies, since it is not known how they are made.
- Don’t underestimate local stores! Do you know those little ones? That no one pays much attention? So … They can hide real treasures!
Super Tip of the Day !!!!
The Primark Shop is a dream for those who are looking to do an economical shopping in Florence, think about shopping paradise (lol). Take at least 4 hours to browse the store. I advise you to leave this part of the mall for the end of the day, after 17:00, as the store closes late (22:00) and you can take the time to do your shopping calmly. This store is close to Florence, it is located in the I Gigli Shopping Center, click here and get more information!
How to get there?
There is a bus that goes from Firenze Santa Maria Novella Station, an average time of 40 minutes. You arrive with a bus that leaves every day from Firenze SMN (Departure from Autostazione Busitalia Via Santa Caterina from Siena 17, Firenze w / Stazione Firenze SMN). You buy the ticket directly at the Autostazione Busitalia ticket office. The value of the Ticket is 4 Euros.
- Firenze SMN> I Gigli – 07:50 am | 10:00 am | 12:00 pm | 02:00 pm | 04:00 pm | 06:00 pm | 08:00 pm | 10:00 pm.
- I Gigli> Firenze SMN – 09:00 pm | 11:00 am | 01:00 pm | 03:00 pm | 05:00 pm | 07:00 pm | 09:00 pm | 10:45 pm.
Where to shop in Florence? Shopping in Florence doesn’t have to be ‘expensive’! Knowing where to go and what to buy, you can find several quality items at great prices!
If you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip, do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, O.K.?
An Extra Help for your Trip
Car Rental in Italy - Want to travel in Italy by car but don't know where to rent one? We have the solution for you!
Suitcase to bring wine from Italy - How about a suitcase for you to take the best Italian wines to your house? Learn more about this facility
The best content from Your Travel to Italy!
Learn more about our tours in Italy right now!
- What to visit in Italy in 10 days?
- The ten must-see places in Tuscany?
- The best tips to save on your trip to Italy?
- What are the 10 most visited cities in southern Italy?
- Airports in Italy? How to get to your hotel? (Venice, Milan, Rome, Florence)
- What to do in 1/2/3/4 days in the main Italian cities?
- The best tips on food in Italy (wines, typical food, enogastronomy tours)
- How to get from Fiumicino Airport to Rome downtown?
- Your Travel to Italy: 10 tips for traveling through Italy!
Best regards from Italy