What works during holidays in Italy?
Holidays in Italy; get to know what works and what doesn’t! Who doesn’t enjoy a holiday? Let’s be honest, right? That whole day without having to work, without having to do anything, or taking the opportunity to do everything that we don’t do at another time because of work, for example. In any case, holidays are always welcome anywhere in the world. Here we will tell you what works during the holidays in Italy! Click on the link below and take the opportunity to learn more about the Festivities in Italy! Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams !!! ALSO: see our“Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
1) What works during holidays in Italy? BE AWARE OF NATIONAL HOLIDAYS
In Italy, the national holidays are as follows:
- January 1st: New Year – Capodanno
- January 6th: Epiphany of the Lord
- In April: Easter (date that varies)
- The Monday after Easter Sunday – Pasquetta
- April 25th: Italian Liberation – Liberazione Italiana
- May 1st: Labor Day – Festa del lavoro
- June 2nd: Italian Republic Day – Festa della Repubblica Italia
- August 15h: Ferragosto
- November 1st: All Saints Day – Ognissanti
- December 8th: Day of the Immaculate Conception – Immacolata Concezione
- December 25th: Christmas
- December 26th: St. Stephen’s Day
2) What works during holidays in Italy? CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR
Well, on January 1st and December 25th (almost) EVERYTHING closes! Read also What to do at Christmas in the main Italian cities?
- Some restaurants work(*);
- hotels follow ‘normal schedule’;
- for obvious reasons, public transport may change schedules and some routes, as some streets close for festivities, so ask for information at your hotel about where to eat and in relation to public transport, OK?;
- Churches also open, but schedules may change.
(*) The restaurants, both on the night of December 24th and lunch on the 25th, serve a special Christmas menu, so it is important to keep two things in mind: it will be a little more expensive and you may not find availability. So, I suggest booking in advance. The same goes for December 31st and January 1st. Also Read Where to go for Christmas and New Year’s Eve in Italy?
3) What works during holidays in Italy? OTHER HOLIDAYS
On other holidays, the pace slows down a bit in the big cities, but most museums and sights work normally, as well as larger stores, malls, bars and restaurants. Also read What are the Free Attractions in Italy on the first Sunday of each month?
4) What works during holidays in Italy? HOLIDAYS IN SMALL CITIES
In smaller cities, things get a bit complicated during the holidays and it varies A LOT from one city to another, and from owner to owner of establishments. There are people who open at reduced hours, people who do not open, people who open only in the afternoon and others only in the morning. In smaller cities, the same goes for the restaurants: many of them don’t make a point of opening and the owners take the opportunity to relax.
Open shops during holidays in the smaller towns are almost a divine miracle (but it’s possible!). Most churches open normally, but some sights may not open. Transport can also change and the waiting time for trains and buses can increase, but nothing absurd. Holidays are great times to walk around the cities peacefully! Take the opportunity to pay attention to the architectural details, see the movement of the places and take a leisurely walk. It can be surprising!
Watch this video on our Youtube Channel and know which monuments you should buy a ticket in advance
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
What works during holidays in Italy? No need to worry about the holidays, with so many outdoor attractions such as monuments, squares, fountains and many others, there will be no shortage of activities for your holiday in Italy!
And if you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip , do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier.
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, OK?