The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy?
The thermal waters are famous for their therapeutic properties and in Italy we find beautiful baths in several regions, so we have put together a list of the 10 most beautiful spas in Italy. Shall we get to know the most beautiful thermal baths in Italy? Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patriciayou make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
The baths, or bath resorts, in Italian called terme, are famous all over the world. Do you know the definition of baths? Come on: baths are a complex (which can be tourist) of waters with therapeutic properties. The baths can have places for immersion baths, water jets, steam and even water ingestion. The name terme comes from the Latin therma, a name used by the Romans to refer to places called “public baths”, which, despite the name, were restricted to influential people and nobles. Europe has more than 1,400 spas, most of which are concentrated in Portugal. In Italy there are several spas and one is more beautiful than the other, all are well structured and have excellent services to serve tourists. Today we are going to visit the 10 most beautiful baths in the peninsular country! All ready? Let’s go!
Good to know
Most baths have a hotel, SPA and other services, to access the baths it is not always necessary to be a guest in these places, however it is necessary to pay the admission fee, in some baths, access is free (good to know, huh?).
1) The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy? QC TERME
QC Terme – one of the most beautiful Italian baths is, without a doubt, QC Terme. It has several natural pools, SPA and even a natural sauna inside a cave. The place includes the “bagni vecchio” (“old bathrooms”) and the “bagni nuovo” (“new bathrooms”), more modern. The ticket includes a bathrobe, a towel and a pair of slippers. Entry is prohibited for children under 14 and pregnant women.
- Where it is: Località Bagni Vecchi, 23038 – Valdidentro (SO) – Lombardia.
- Hours: from Sunday to Thursday, from 11 am to 8 pm; Friday, from 11 am to 9 pm and Saturday, from 11 am to 11 pm.
2) The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy? TERME DI SIRMIONE
Terme di Sirmione – It also has a hotel and is the company responsible for the SPAs present on the Costa Cruises’ ships. The thermal baths offer experience not only with water, but also with medicinal mud and there is a small shop where it is possible to buy natural cosmetics made with the local waters.
- Where it is: Piazza Don A. Piatti, 1 Centro Storico di Sirmione (BS) – Lombardia.
- Hours: from Sunday (reservation required) to Tuesday, from 9 am to 10 pm; Thursday, from 11 am to midnight; Friday and Saturday (reservation required) from 9:00 am to 0:00 am.
3) The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy? BAGNI SAN FILIPPO
Bagni San Filippo – One of the most beautiful and visited free baths offers a great structure around the natural waters with hotel, restaurant, shops and bars. It also has a small waterfall and the water reaches 48 degrees!
- Where it is: Via S. Filippo, 23 – Castiglione d’Orcia (SI) – Tuscany.
- Hours: Wednesday and Thursday, from 10 am to 6 pm; Friday to Sunday, from 9 am to 7 pm; Monday, from 9 am to 6 pm. It doesn’t open on Tuesday.
4) The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy? TERME DI PRÈ SAINT DIDIER
Terme di Prè Saint Didier – Also from the QC group, it is BEAUTIFUL! It has an impressive accommodation complex and is immersed in nature. Entry is prohibited for children under 14 and pregnant women.
- Where it is: Allee des Thermes, 11010 – Prè Saint Didier (AO) – Valle D’Aosta.
- Hours: Monday to Thursday, from 9:30 am to 9:00 pm; Friday, from 8:30 am to 11:00 pm; Saturday from 8 am to 11 pm and Sunday from 8 am to 9 pm.
5) The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy? PREISTORICHE SWIMMING POOL
Preistoriche Pool – with an incredible structure, beautiful pools and impeccable accommodation! It is in a park immersed in nature with 22,000 square meters, has 58 whirlpools, 778 square meters of varied indoor and uncovered pools, it’s incredible.
- Where it is: Via Castello, 5 – Montegrotto Terme (PD) – Veneto.
- Hours: every day, from 9:30 am to midnight.
6) The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy? TERME DI SATURNIA
Terme di Saturnia – one of the most frequented baths in Italy is complete and offers great options for all visitors, including children. It also has a SPA and offers a small shop with natural cosmetics, as well as a golf course.
- Where it is: Terme di Saturnia SPA & Golf Resort, 58014 – Saturnia (GR) – Tuscany.
- Hours: in winter, from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm; in summer, from 9 am to 7 pm.
7) The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy?? TERME MERANO
Terme Merano – Another excellent tourist structure, with indoor and outdoor pools, therapies with medicinal mud and a team specialized in treatments and well-being.
- Where it is: Piazza Terme, 9 – Merano (BZ) – Trentino-Alto Adige.
- Hours: every day, from 9 am to 10 pm *. – the schedules of some structures and services provided may change without notice, check the official website of the hotel.
8) The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy? SARDEGNA TERMALE
Sardegna Termale – The baths have been operating there for a long time and is one of the most frequented in Sardinia for its excellent location. With great infrastructure, it offers unique experiences to visitors with treatments based on medicinal mud. Around the resort there are natural pools, archaeological museums and many other attractions that tell the island’s history in an incredible way.
- Where it is: Loc. Santa Maria Aquas, 09030 – Sardara (VS) – Sardinia.
- Hours: every day, from 9 am to 12:30 pm and from 3 pm to 7:30 pm.
9) The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy? VILA DEI CEDRI TERME VERONA
Vila Dei Cedri Terme Verona – with pools and lakes with the purest thermal water, the place is beautiful and it is inside a park, which has excellent structure! Immersed in nature, it has 13 hectares of the most beautiful and exuberant nature.
- Where it is: Via Madonna, 23 – Colà di Lazise (VR) – Veneto
- Hours: Sunday to Friday, from 9:30 am to 11:00 pm; Saturday from 9:30 am to 1:30 am.
10) The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy? TERME LUIGIANE
Terme Luigiane – Also in the midst of nature, it is beautiful and it offers great structure to visitors. The waters come from the spring directly to the pools and the SPA offers several aesthetic and therapeutic treatments based on medicinal mud.
- Where it is: Contrada Pantana, 14 – Acquappesa (CS) – Calabria.
- Hours: every day, from 9 am to 7 pm.
Important to Know
The thermal waters have a high concentration of minerals, metals and others, so it is always good to take some precautions and respect some general rules for these places.
Each location has its own rules, but the general rules are usually as follows:
- Do not use swimming pools and saunas if you have health problems such as heart problems, high or low blood pressure, severe respiratory disorders, recent side effects after trauma, people who have undergone recent surgical operations, people with injuries – at any stage – on the skin, circulatory disorders, varicose veins, inflammatory phenomena in general, fever, renal failure.
- Do not use swimming pools and saunas after consuming drugs or alcohol.
- Pregnant women with candida infection or menstruating in swimming pools and saunas are prohibited.
- Do not use jewelry and jewelry as wedding rings and rings (with or without precious stones), chains, earrings and / or bracelets.
- In the corridors leading to the pools and saunas, ALWAYS use non-slip slippers and a bathrobe.
- NEVER enter flip flops in swimming pools or saunas.
- The use of electronic devices such as cell phones and cameras is prohibited around the pools.
- Smoking is prohibited on the premises of the pools and saunas.
- Do not stay in the water for more than 30 minutes, take a break of at least 45 minutes before entering again.
- Do not use saunas and swimming pools after meals.
- Diving is not allowed.
- Swimming pools and saunas ask visitors to leave the premises half an hour before closing.
- Those responsible for the space reserve the right to remove the visitor who does not comply with the rules informed at the reception.
- To find out where other Italian baths are, you can access this website, clicking right here
Watch this video and learn: Five things to never do in Italy
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
The most beautiful thermal baths in Italy? For relaxing moments, far from everything, in peace, surrounded by nature and without the chaos of big cities, the baths are ideal places! And if you feel insecure, have no time, and need help to organize your trip, don’t hesitate to contact me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy come true. And how can I do that? Keep reading this post until the end and you will understand how we make your life and your trip much easier.
Did my post help you? If so, be sure to post your comment below, but if you still have questions just send me a message I will answer you as soon as possible!