The best pastry shops in Rome, Milan, Venice and Florence
Italian sweets are DELICIOUS! Each region has its specialty, but in cities like Rome, Milan, Florence and Venice, you can find the main sweets from all over the peninsula! Let’s get now to our Special Post of the day! Shall we visit the best pastry shops in Rome, Milan, Venice and Florence? Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams !!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
Italy is a reference when it comes to gastronomy around the world and when it comes to confectionery, it is not different! It was in Italy that Panettone, cannoli, tiramissú and many other delicacies were born. Many restaurants have several dessert options on their menus, many of them even make their own desserts. If you are looking for something more specific, go straight to a bakery and indulge yourself with no guilt! Also check out our section on Food in Italy!
It is worth remembering that Italians use a lot of fruits, oilseeds, chocolate and creams in their preparations, but their taste is “less sweet” than ours, an Italian will hardly fall in love with the brigadeiro, for example, much less with milk condensed (an item that hardly appears in Italian confectionery). But when you eat a typical Italian sweet make sure you won’t miss ours! OK, you may feel why Brazilian sweets are also unbeatable! 😉 With this in mind, we have compiled a list of the best pastry shops in Rome , Milan, Florence and Venice. Are you Ready for this sweet adventure? 🙂 Let’s go!
1) The best pastry shops in ROME
Let’s get to our list of pastry shops in Rome; here you will have a little overview about the pastry shop with the addresses and opening hours. Always be aware that this information may change depending on the owner of the establishment. It is always good to inquire beforehand.
Two Sizes – Legend has it that it is the BEST tiramissù in the eternal city! It is a small place, but it has several flavors of this typical Italian sweet. There are pistachio, caramel and traditional tiramissù; all are presented in jars of two sizes: small or large. There is also chocolate and cream cannoli on the counter! It is worth a try!
- Where it is: Via del Government Vecchio 88, 00186 Rome.
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday, from 11 am to 10 pm and Friday and Saturday, from 11 am to 11 pm.
Innocenti biscuit factory
Biscottificio Innocenti – The best homemade cookies in Rome are in this place! Delicate, tasty, light… They are spectacular! Those covered in chocolate then … My God! A piece of paradise in your mouth! All are very fresh and the house also serves tartlets and profiteroles. It is VERY worth visiting this place!
- Where it is: Via della Luce 21, 00153 Rome
- Hours: Monday to Saturday, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm and Sunday, from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm.
Regoli pastry shop
Pasticceria Regoli – Open since 1916, it is one of the most traditional in Rome. They prepare, daily, pies, cakes and it is very “old school”. They also serve artisanal ice cream. A super nice place that deserves a visit!
- Where it is: Via dello Statuto, 60 – Rome
- Hours : from Wednesday to Monday, from 6:30 am to 8:20 pm – it does not open on Tuesdays.
2) The best pastry shops in MILAN
Let’s get to our list of pastry shops in Milan, here you will have a little overview about the pastry shops with the addresses and opening hours. Always be aware that this information may change depending on the owner of the establishment. It is always good to inquire beforehand.
Kate Away – Modern, makes a humorous pun with “Take away” (take away). The confectionery has several very tasty cakes, small sweets and also serves lunch, mainly pasta . Super well frequented, it is one of the most beloved in Milan.
- Where it is: Corso San Gottardo 29, 20136 Milan.
- Hours: Tuesday to Friday, from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm; Saturday from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm and Sunday from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Castel Nouvo pastry shop
Pasticceria Castelnuovo – The showcase of this place is already a show apart! The sweets are, besides delicious, BEAUTIFUL! The place is SUPER well decorated, elegant and there are sweets for all tastes! Open since 1945 and is one of the most traditional in Milan. Worth a visit! It is an incredible place!
- Where is it: Via dei Tulipani 18, 20146 Milan
- Hours: Tuesday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 3:30 pm to 8:00 pm; Saturday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm and Sunday open all day from 8:00 am to 7:30 pm.
Giovanni Cova – Croissants, cookies, panettone, jams… All this and much more you will find in this BEAUTIFUL Milanese pastry shop! Opened in 1930, it is one of the most traditional in Milan and offers several “lines” of products, including sugar-free ones. The atmosphere is super pleasant and the smell that seduces us, coming out of the kitchen oven, impresses! REALLY deserves a visit!
- Where it is: Via Cusani, 10 – 20121 Milan
- Hours: every day, from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm.
3) The best pastry shops in FLORENCE
Let’s go to our list of pastry shops in Florence; here you will have a small overview of the pastry shop with the addresses and opening hours. Always be aware that this information may change depending on the owner of the establishment. It is always good to be informed beforehand.
Ghibellina – Sweets, pies, cakes, breads – sweet and savory. This pastry shop is a charming surprise in Florence. The products are fresh and the service, made by women, is very special and kind! The pastry shop was opened in 1890… Tradition is not lacking! The products are excellent, fresh and delicious! Are you in Florence? So stop by, you’ll love it!
- Where it is : Via Ghibellina 41 / R, corner with Via De’Macci, 50122, Florence.
- Hours: from Monday, from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm and from Tuesday to Saturday, from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm. It doesn’t open on Sundays.
Dolce Pensieri – Sweet thoughts is the name (in literal translation) of this charming place! There you will find fresh, tasty and lovingly made sweets! The sweets are served in a very charming way and are very, very, very delicious! You can believe it!
- Where it is: Via Ponte alle Riffe 26r – 50133 – Florence.
- Hours: Sunday and Tuesday, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; from Wednesday to Saturday, from 8:00 am to 0:00 am. It doesn’t open on Mondays.
Forno Becagli – In addition to presenting several options of the most varied sweets, the service is exquisite and the place is very pleasant! Furthermore, they also serve pieces of pizza and focaccia! Ideal place for when you feel hunfry in the middle of the afternoon! ; )
- Where it is: Borgo Ognissanti 92, 50127, Florence.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday, from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm.
4) The best pastry shops in VENICE
Let’s get to our list of pastry shops in Venice, here you will have a little overview about the pastry shop with the addresses and opening hours. Always be aware that this information may change depending on the owner of the establishment. It is always good to inquire beforehand.
Pastry Da Bonifacio
One of the best in Venice, it offers several options for sweets, cakes and pies. All delicious and is very well located! If you are in Venice, a coffee with a sweetie is a good choice!
- Where it is: Calle Dei Albanesi Castello 4237, 30122 Venice.
- Hours: Monday to Wednesday, from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm; Friday from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm.
The three merchants
The three merchants – Super nice place with several options for sweets; the flagship of the house is tiramissù, but there are great options for macarons and small tartlets.
- Where it is: Castello 5364 near Ponte della Guerra, 30122 Venice.
- Hours: every day, from 11:00 am to 7:30 pm.
Rizzardini pastry shop
Home with several options for all tastes, it offers sweets of all types: with chocolate, fried, baked goods. The showcase, with colorful and beautiful sweets, is also pleasing to the eye! The difficulty here is to choose only one candy!
- Where it is: Sestiere San Polo 1415, Campiello dei Meloni, 30125 Venice.
- Hours: Sunday, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; Monday, from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm; from Wednesday to Saturday, from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm. It does not open on Tuesdays.
Watch this video and learn: 5 things to NEVER do in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
The best pastry shops in Rome, Milan, Venice and Florence! Eating a sweetie always goes well: in the morning, at night, during the day. The cities offer several options and, it is also valid, take a look at the bars in the city, which can also offer great options of sweets to sweeten our day!
Are you insecure?
And if you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip , do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier.
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, OK?