The best cities to spend New Year’s Eve in Italy?
New Year is one of the most popular festivals of the year and gets cities crowded around the world, including the northern hemisphere which, in the middle of winter, is not intimidated by the freezing cold of the streets when the clock sets its hands at number 12, marking the start of a new year! Would you like to know about the best cities to spend New Year’s Eve in Italy, and spend New Year’s Eve in grand style? So good guys, follow my lead!!!! Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams !!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
The big Italian cities are masters in the art of hosting for parties of this type: Rome, Venice, Milan, Florence and many others are full of tourists and Italians who mingle to see the glow of fireworks lighting the sky!
- In addition, the tradition of the New Year in the family in Italy is the same as ours: all together, lots of drinks and food; but white loses ground on New Year’s Eve (capodanno, in Italian). In the Boot country, the color of choice is red (except for Venice, we’ll explain later!), but it’s not as frequent as it is in Brazil. Legend has it that color brings luck and prosperity in all areas of life and shop windows are dominated by red and, of course, they draw attention!
- Restaurants serve dinner with champagne and wines and it’s good to book well in advance!
- The typical dishes that appear on the menu at this time of year are diverse, but the most common are the famous cappelletti in brodo, cotecchino (which is a type of sausage stuffed with pork meat and seasoned), lentils and zampone (which it’s the pig’s forepaw stuffed with meat): everything delicious!
- Excited as only they are, Italians play, sing and dance and everything is VERY, VERY, VERY exciting!
Today we are going to give you some suggestions of cities for you to celebrate the arrival of the new year in grand style and tell a little about how the party is in each one of them! Unlike other cities around the world, which concentrate the party in a single point, Italian cities ‘spread’ the party to the four corners! Also know Where to go for Christmas and New Year’s Eve in Italy?
1) The best cities to spend New Year’s Eve in Italy? ROME
Rome welcomes tourists and residents at various points such as the Colosseum, Circo Massimo and Piazza Del Popolo. Anyone who thinks that the party ends after midnight is wrong: it is tradition to greet the sun, that is, the party lasts until 7:00 am! There are a few events dedicated to ‘receiving’ the first sun of the year in Rome. They form groups to walk to strategic points of the city to watch the sunrise; it is, at the very least, interesting! TO WATCH THE FIREWORKS DISPLAY: Colosseum. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ROME!
2) The best cities to spend New Year’s Eve in Italy? MILAN
Another city that offers countless options for all tastes is Milan! There are shows in various parts of the city such as Piazza Castello and Piazza Affari, and colorful light shows! Piazza Duomo is the most crowded place and where the most anticipated shows take place, with big names in Italian music. TO WATCH THE FIREWORKS DISPLAY: Piazza Duomo. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MILAN!
3) The best cities to spend New Year’s Eve in Italy? VENICE
One of the most romantic cities in Italy puts on a show on New Year’s Eve, especially for couples! The party’s concentration is, of course, in Piazza San Marco (St Mark’s Square), even due to the size of the city compared to other Italian cities! In addition to the traditional midnight kiss, white are highlighted at the party because of the White Venice Capodanno. TO WATCH THE FIREWORKS DISPLAY: Piazza San Marco. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT VENICE!
4) The best cities to spend New Year’s Eve in Italy? NAPLES
The city concentrates the festival in Piazza del Plebiscito, but the main spectacle of the city is the view of the fireworks display from the terrace of Palazzo Dell’Ovo. Another part of the city that concentrates tourists and locals is Lungomare, where the party is led by DJs who perform a light and music show! TO WATCH THE FIREWORKS DISPLAY: Palazzo Dell’Ovo. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT NAPLES!
5) The best cities to spend New Year’s Eve in Italy? FLORENCE
With a magnificent ‘natural terrace’, Piazzale Michelangelo has a privileged view of the fireworks display! Other places that bring people together with concerts by great Italian musicians are: Piazza San Lorenzo and Piazza della Signoria. TO SEE THE FIREWORKS DISPLAY: Piazzale Michelangelo. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT FLORENCE!
Useful and Important Information
- Parties usually start at 9:00 pm and there is not a set time to finish. The places are CROWDED and if you don’t like ‘mess’ too much, avoid going to places where the greatest number of people are concentrated, for example, in front of the stage.
- Don’t bring large volumes to the party. Small purses and money belts are ideal! Take the basics like ID, camera, cell phone and cash.
- Watch your belongings! The places are, in fact, CROWDED and anything can happen! I always say: bad people exist everywhere and at all times and Italy is no exception!
- Most of the places where the parties are held are ‘isolated’: barriers are placed to delimit the space and there is a large security scheme where everyone who passes through will be searched.
Watch this video and learn: What To Do In Italy In 10 Days?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
An Extra Help for your Trip Car Rental in Italy - Want to travel in Italy by car but don't know where to rent one? We have the solution for you! Suitcase to bring wine from Italy - How about a suitcase for you to take the best Italian wines to your house? Learn more about this facility The best content from Your Travel to Italy! Learn more about our tours in Italy right now! Best regards from Italy
An Extra Help for your Trip
Car Rental in Italy - Want to travel in Italy by car but don't know where to rent one? We have the solution for you!
Suitcase to bring wine from Italy - How about a suitcase for you to take the best Italian wines to your house? Learn more about this facility
The best content from Your Travel to Italy!
Learn more about our tours in Italy right now!
Best regards from Italy