The 10 best wineries in Sicily
Few know, but Sicily produces prestigious and award-winning wines. Renowned wines such as Marsala, Nero D’Avola and Bianco D´Alcamo are produced in the region of Sicily. Do you like wine? So stay with us and enjoy this post, as we will get to know the 10 best wineries in Sicily now! Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patriciayou make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
Sicily produces wines of excellent quality. The soil is extremely fertile due to its proximity to Etna; the climate and the terrain contribute for grapes such as Nerello, Shiraz (Syrah), Chardonnay, among other varieties, to grow healthy and in excellent conditions for the production of delicious wines, with striking aromas and colors, both red and white. Today we have put together a list of the 10 best Sicilian wineries so that you can have a unique experience that includes oenology and fantastic tours. How about a full-day car or minivan tour of Sicily? Click here to learn more!
- The order of the list is not specific and does not indicate “best” and “not so good”. Sicily today has 12 wine routes. Most of them with specific wines, which varies from region to region within the island. Read also What are the 10 must-see cities in Sicily?
1) The 10 best wineries in Sicily – BARONE MONTALTO
Barone Montalto – one of the newest wineries in the region, but one that has already established itself among the best. Opened in 2000, the winery has already gained the status of ‘pride and joy’ and has conquered its space amid the traditional Sicilian wineries. It is necessary to confirm, via website and / or email, the availability of guided tours. Address: Cantina S.S.188 Km 45,500 – Santa Ninfa, Italy.
2) The 10 best wineries in Sicily – CANTINE LOMBARDO
Cantine Lombardo – The winery has been operating since 1881 and is always undergoing modernization. One of the best Marsala in Sicily is produced there. Family-run, the winery, although small, is one of the most beautiful in the region. It is necessary to request a tour reservation via email or form available on the website. Address: Via V. Florio, 17 – Sicily, Italy.
3) The 10 best wineries in Sicily – BENATI VINICOLA
Vinicola Benanti – Another beautiful family-run winery. The vineyards and the factory can be visited by booking via phone and / or email. Address: Via Giuseppe Garibaldi 361 – Viagrande, Italy.
4) The 10 best wineries in Sicily – CANTINE PELLEGRINO
Cantine Pellegrino – Open since 1880, it specializes in the production of Marsala, but masterfully produces fine and table wines. It is necessary to book a visit via website, phone and / or via e-mail. Address: Via Battaglia delle Egadi, 10 – Marsala, Italy.
5) The 10 best wineries in Sicily – CANTINE RALLO
Cantine Rallo – Since 1860, the winery has been one of the largest and traditional producers in the region. The production is 100% organic and it is possible to visit both the vineyards and the bottling area. It is also necessary to request a visit reservation. Address: Via Vincenzo Florio, 2 – Marsala, Italy.
6) The 10 best wineries in Sicily – ALAGNA VINI
Alagna Vini – with 55 acres of vineyards, the winery has been open for 70 years! It is very traditional and offers visits to the public upon prior reservation. Address: Via Salemi, 752 – Marsala, Italy.
7) The 10 best wineries in Sicily – PLANETA
Planeta – In addition to excellent wines, it also produces very high quality olive oils. It is necessary to request a visit reservation via website, phone or email and there are several tour options. Address: Contrada Dispensa – Menfi (AG), Italy.
8) The 10 best wineries in Sicily – CENTOPASSI
Centopassi – Part of a cooperative, the winery is one of the most respected in Sicily. It is also necessary to book a visit via website, email or phone; it is also possible to visit the Enoteca to buy wines and other products made by them. Address: Contrada Don Tomasi – San Cipirello (PA), Italy.
9) The 10 best wineries in Sicily – ENOTECA PICONE
Enoteca Picone – is, in fact, a store with the best selection of Sicilian and Italian wines. It features tasting, shopping and information about wines and their harmonization. Address: Via Guglielmo Marconi, 36 – Palermo, Italy.
10) The 10 best wineries in Sicily – VIVERA
Vivera – to finish this list, another family-run winery. With very high quality wines, it offers a tasting tour and is located in a beautiful location overlooking Vesuvius. Reservation required in advance. Address: Linguaglossa, 95015 – Catania, Italy.
- There is an official website with the Sicilian Wine Route. It is worth remembering that not all wineries are open for visitation, O.K.?! For more information, visit the official Sicilian Wine Road website by clicking here!
Looking for a special suitcase to transport your wines?
The company responsible for these unique products is Lazenne and they deliver to any hotel/home in Europe. You can pay using your credit card, and they offer different currency choice to make your life much easier! Are you curious to learn more about it? Then click on the banner below without purchase obligation and get to know all the accessories available. You‘re gonna love the options!
Learn more about wines by reading our special posts:
- How to bring wines from Italy?
- Where to buy wines in Rome, Florence and Milan?
- Barolo, the king of wines and his enchanted city!
- When is the best time to visit Italian wineries?
- What are the types of Italian wines?
Watch this video and learn: What is the average cost of a day in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
The 10 best wineries in Sicily? Wine lovers can indulge themselves in Sicily. Remember, DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE, O.K.? I suggest you hire a private driver, it will not be an expense, it will be an investment! And if you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip, do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier.
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, O.K.?
An Extra Help for your Trip
Car Rental in Italy - Want to travel in Italy by car but don't know where to rent one? We have the solution for you!
Suitcase to bring wine from Italy - How about a suitcase for you to take the best Italian wines to your house? Learn more about this facility
The best content from Your Travel to Italy!
Learn more about our tours in Italy right now!
- What to visit in Italy in 10 days?
- The ten must-see places in Tuscany?
- The best tips to save on your trip to Italy?
- What are the 10 most visited cities in southern Italy?
- Airports in Italy? How to get to your hotel? (Venice, Milan, Rome, Florence)
- What to do in 1/2/3/4 days in the main Italian cities?
- The best tips on food in Italy (wines, typical food, enogastronomy tours)
- How to get from Fiumicino Airport to Rome downtown?
- Your Travel to Italy: 10 tips for traveling through Italy!
Best regards from Italy