The 10 best restaurants in Trastevere?
One of the most original neighborhoods in Rome, Trastevere enchants for its bohemian atmosphere mixed with unique elegance and delicious relaxation. The buildings there have beautiful architecture and Trastevere is one of the most celebrated neighborhoods in the eternal city, it is not difficult to find it full, even out of the the high season: the locals LOVE this place! Let us know what are the 10 best restaurants in Trastevere? Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
Italian cuisine is UNIQUE, we know, and one of the most reproduced in the world! With dishes for all tastes, it offers meat, fish, pasta… not to mention the sweets: spectacular! Eating well in Italy is not difficult and, in some cities, it is even easier, as there are options for every taste and budget! Today we are going to a very special neighborhood of the eternal city, the notorious Trastevere. From now on we will get to know which are the 10 best restaurants in this charming neighborhood, surrounded by the right bank of the Tevere River and full of fantastic gastronomic options. Read our Post Rome for Groups!
- The indications are not in the “best to least best” order ?
- Read our post: The best of Rome’s nightlife? Trastevere !!
- Read our section on Food in Italy!
A little about Trastevere
Trastevere is a very original neighborhood, and it has a very bohemian atmosphere, which reminds us of its secular roots that were rooted here by the working class. When we talk about gastronomy, we are talking about a neighborhood that is constantly remembered for its incredible trattorias that manage to combine tradition with modernity, but without leaving aside its purest essence. Here you will also find several home breweries and several craft shops. Piazza di San Callisto (San Callisto Square) and Piazza di Santa Maria (Santa Maria Square) are meeting points in Trastevere and, when you are here, you will be able to understand all this love that the Romans have for this sensational place!
One of the most striking features that deserves mention in Trastevere are its restaurants: most of them remain alive and kicking and present customers with typical Roman dishes, with quality, generosity and offering both traditional presentations and mouth-watering reinterpretations! That’s why I decided to make this list so you don’t miss out on the best of Trastevere! Enjoy it!
1) The 10 best restaurants in Trastevere? TRATTORIA DEGLI AMICI
Trattoria Degli Amici: the name says it all: of the friends! The place is a delight, the service is exquisite and the dishes are traditional with a touch of modernity. The restaurant has a very interesting proposal and the atmosphere is a show apart, super relaxed!
- Where is it: Piazza S. Egidio, 6 – Trastevere, Rome.
- Hours: every day, from 12:30 pm to 03:00 pm and from 06:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
2) The 10 best restaurants in Trastevere? L´ANTICA PESA
L’Antica Pesa: in operation since 1922, this “small door” gives us access to one of the best typical restaurants in Rome. Very traditional, it is one of the most celebrated restaurants in the eternal city.
- Where is it: Via Garibaldi, 18 – Trastevere, Rome.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday, from 6:30 pm to 11:00 pm. Tip: make a reservation!
3) The 10 best restaurants in Trastevere? MERIDIONALE TRASTEVERE
Meridionale Trastevere: Another charming place that offers good portions, has a super pleasant atmosphere and great service. It is also very frequented by locals and the dishes are delicious!
- Where is it: Via Dei Fienaroli 30 ° – Trastevere, Rome.
- Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday, from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm.
- Tip: it is advisable to make a reservation for dinner.
4) The 10 best restaurants in Trastevere? DA ENZO AL 29
Da Enzo al 29: With a simplicity that enchants, the restaurant offers impeccable dishes, splendid service and an atmosphere that makes it look like we’re at grandma’s! It is a very traditional restaurant with well served dishes and a fair price.
- Where is it: Via Dei Vascellari, 29 – Trastevere, Rome.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday, from 12:30 pm to 03:00 pm and from 07:30 pm to 11:00 pm.
5) The 10 best restaurants in Trastevere? LA CISTERNA
La Cisterna: one of the most typical trattorias in Rome is La Cisterna. With fabulous dishes, it is also well known for its service and its very pleasant environment.
- Where is it: Via della Cisterna, 13 – Trastevere, Rome.
- Hours: Monday to Sunday, from 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm. Tip: highly advisable to make a reservation.
6) The 10 best restaurants in Trastevere? IL DUCAN IN TRASTEVERE
Il Duca In Trastevere: with a delicious atmosphere, the restaurant is one of several frequented by the locals. Good food, good wines and exquisite service make this restaurant one of the most beloved of the Romans.
- Where is it: Vicolo del Cinque, 56 – Trastevere, Rome.
- Hours: Sunday, 12:30 pm to 3:15 pm and Tuesday to Sunday, 6:30 pm to 12:00 am.
7) The 10 best restaurants in Trastevere? TRATTORIA DA TEO
Trattoria da Teo: the dishes are FANTASTIC! Well served, tasty and very traditional! The atmosphere is charming and the service is excellent! Don’t skip desserts: they are wonderful!
- Where is it: Piazza dei Ponziani, 7 – Trastevere, Rome.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday, from 12:30 pm to 03:00 pm and from 07:30 pm to 11:30 pm.
8) The 10 best restaurants in Trastevere? IMPICCETTA
Impiccetta: with the motto “come first as a customer and come back as a friend”, they take good service seriously! With incredible food and friendly service, it is one of the most interesting restaurants in the area and offers great options for those who like to eat well!
- Where is it: Via dei Fienaroli, 7 – Trastevere, Rome.
- Hours: Sunday, from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm; Tuesday to Saturday, from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm; and Saturday and Sunday also for lunch, from 12:00 pm to 03:00 pm.
9) The 10 best restaurants in Trastevere? DA AUGUSTO
Da Augusto: in operation since (amazing!) 1887, it is one of the best and best known Roman trattorias! Very frequented by the locals, it also became a tourist spot for its history, incredible dishes, great service and excellent location.
- Where is it: Piazza De ’Renzi, 15 – Trastevere, Rome.
- Hours: every day, from 12:30 pm to 03:00 pm and from 08:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
- Tip: make a reservation for dinner!
10) The 10 best restaurants in Trastevere? OSTERIA DA ZI´UMBERTO
Osteria da Zi’Umberto: familiar and also very traditional, the restaurant is one of the “dearies” of the residents of Trastevere. With a very pleasant atmosphere and courteous service, it is a restaurant to go to at least once in your life when you are in Rome.
- Where is it: Piazza di San Giovanni della Malva, 14B – Trastevere, Rome.
- Hours: every day, from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm and from 7:30 pm to 11:00 pm.
Watch this video and learn: What is the average cost of a day in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
In one of the most delicious neighborhoods in Rome, to eat well you just need to know where to go … and there are plenty of options! And if you feel insecure, have no time, and need help to organize your trip, don’t hesitate to contact me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy come true. And how can I do that? Keep reading this post until the end and you will understand how we make your life and your trip much easier.
Did my post help you? If so, be sure to post your comment below, but if you still have questions just send me a message I will answer you as soon as possible!