The seasons in Italy! How to pack?
Guys: I’m sorry, but this post is almost all focused on girls, because you will hardly take excesses and know how to manage with as little clothes as possible (lol). But read it too! It will be great to help your partner to pack. Read also When is the best time to go to Italy?
The golden tip for packing for any season is DON’T overdo it! Also remember that you will probably do some shopping there, so leave room for your new pieces (beautiful, unique and special), O.K ?! Ahhhh don’t forget to print our check-list so as not to forget any details;) Read also What to pack for traveling to Italy? and Find out the luggage limits on Italian trains!
1) The seasons in Italy! How to pack? SPRING (MARCH, APRIL AND MAY)
In the months from March to May the climate in Italy becomes more pleasant; this is because it is the transition from winter to spring. During this period, the temperatures hardly exceed 28 ° C and records a minimum of 10 ° C. It is the ideal type of season for those who do not like extremes and you’ll get a little bit of ‘each season’. The Italian spring reminds us of the beginning of winter: cold dawns and mornings and warmer days. The climate is more mixed: it can rain, but it is not constant rain, although they are more frequent. Both in the south and in the north, the temperatures are quite similar and the climate is pleasant.
For a fifteen-day trip in the spring
- Try on your clothes before packing to see if the combinations are comfortable and if you like them. When packing, try to separate the pieces that match each other. It will save you a lot of time when you arrive at the hotel and want to change to leave.
2) The seasons in Italy! How to pack? SUMMER (JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST)
For a fifteen-day summer trip
- Take pieces of neutral colors that match each other! The most suitable colors are: cream, nude, white, black, gray, navy blue and khaki.
3) The seasons in Italy! How to pack? FALL (SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER)
For a fifteen-day trip in the fall
4) The seasons in Italy! How to pack? WINTER (DECEMBER / JANUARY AND FEBRUARY)
For a fifteen-day winter trip
- They can be very expensive. A suggestion: buy this jacket in Italy. If you go skiing you will have to invest! If you don’t want to buy ONLY for skiing and can handle the cold well, it’s good to know that in ski resorts (in some, not all) it is possible to rent appropriate clothes, but if you travel to cold places often, it’s worth the investment!
- Another tip is to use, under clothes, the so-called second skin and thick pantyhose, which heat up and are very comfortable. Always protect your feet and head very well! Avoid getting your feet wet and, a tip to warm your hand in the snow: take off your gloves, sink your hands into the snow and wait a few minutes. Wipe your hands well and replace your gloves. Then tell me if it worked! ????
- Ah, indoors the heaters are connected to full steam, so it is VERY hot; never wear a jacket in a closed environment. Take it out, and put it on again only when you leave, ok ?!
5) The seasons in Italy! How to pack? ADVICES
- Try to bring clothes that you don’t wrinkle easily, for obvious reasons!
- Our check-lists are SUGGESTIONS; of course, if you don’t wear or like a dress, taking this type of clothe will only take up space in your suitcase: leave it at home!
- Neutral colors, which combine more with each other, are ideal for packing;
- Separate EVERYTHING before starting to pack, it is easier to see what you are carrying and if you are carrying everything you need.
- Use proper packaging for travel! It is no use taking a liter of shampoo and another of conditioner: you will not use it! Reduce your personal care products as much as possible and prefer everything smaller than the traditional one. Besides, it all weighs a lot.
- Always leave a space in the suitcase! Remember that you are probably going to do some shopping abroad and it is not worth buying another suitcase and paying excess baggage just because you left home with a full suitcase.
Important to Know
- Always identify your luggage, including your hand luggage!
- Take your medicines in your handbag, especially medicines for continuous use. Remember to take their prescription with you to avoid customs problems.
- Check the weather forecast before the trip! It sounds silly, but the weather in the world is quite messy, so it is possible that you get rain, snow and others even if it is not the season that allows this type of thing to happen, but it won’t hurt you to take a look before assembling the suitcase.
- Always carry an extra change of clothes in your hand luggage. We hope not, but if your luggage is lost, you can at least change your clothes when you arrive at the hotel.
Watch this video and learn: 5 Things to never do in Italy!
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
TRAVEL TO ROME!
“Your Travel to Rome” is the quintessential e-book for your travel to one of the finest tourist destinations on the planet!
An Extra Help for your Trip
Car Rental in Italy - Want to travel in Italy by car but don't know where to rent one? We have the solution for you!
Suitcase to bring wine from Italy - How about a suitcase for you to take the best Italian wines to your house? Learn more about this facility
The best content from Your Travel to Italy!
Learn more about our tours in Italy right now!
- What to visit in Italy in 10 days?
- The ten must-see places in Tuscany?
- The best tips to save on your trip to Italy?
- What are the 10 most visited cities in southern Italy?
- Airports in Italy? How to get to your hotel? (Venice, Milan, Rome, Florence)
- What to do in 1/2/3/4 days in the main Italian cities?
- The best tips on food in Italy (wines, typical food, enogastronomy tours)
- How to get from Fiumicino Airport to Rome downtown?
- Your Travel to Italy: 10 tips for traveling through Italy!
Best regards from Italy