Low cost and incredible restaurants for an unforgettable dinner in Italy
Eating in Italy, in general, is not expensive, however, some restaurants with a view may charge a little more just for the “view” they present: don’t fall for it! There are fantastic places that offer incredible ambience, magnificent dishes and excellent prices, with first-class service! Today we are going to get to know some of them. Let’s go to our post of the day? Low cost and incredible restaurants for an unforgettable dinner in Italy. Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patriciayou make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
Today we are going to talk about low-cost restaurants in Italy. Many, when reading the term “low-cost”, immediately imagine that it will be an ugly restaurant, with bad dishes and terrible service: it is not like that! With the global crisis, many restaurants have adapted their prices so as not to lose customers, but always maintaining the quality and unparalleled flavor of Italian cuisine already known worldwide. As I always say: eating in Italy is not expensive and everything will depend on your choice. Would you like to understand this issue better? Then get to know our Section on Food in Italy! In this section you will find lots of tips and information to not fall into a trap!
Our Golden Tip
Those who follow our posts know that whenever we talk about restaurants, the golden tip is to RUN AWAY from tourist restaurants: they are expensive, the food is not good and the service is, in fact, terrible! In cities like Rome, Milan, Florence and other larger cities, there are, of course, more options, so just search, organize and check the need for a reservation, as some of them have low prices, incredible food and sensational service and, therefore, are always crowded! Today we will visit five incredible restaurants for an unforgettable dinner without weighing too much in your budget in some Italian cities!
Some tips for not making mistakes when choosing a restaurant
- Search the internet for the location’s reputation.
- Pay attention to the recommendation of friends, they would never send you to a bad place, be sure!
- Ask if the receptionist at your hotel knows a good place, usually they know several very nice places and, often, they even have an agreement with some place that will give you a great discount!
- While strolling through the city streets, pay attention to the smaller restaurants, especially in the cross streets, with little movement, this is usually where the locals usually go and you can discover an incredible little place by accident!
- Take a look around the area before entering the first place just because you are hungry, maybe, going a little further, you can find a fantastic place, if you can’t find it: go back! ; )
- Choose your hotel well! Why? Because the chance of finding great restaurants nearby is huge! Once you know where you will be staying, start your search for nearby restaurants: you will be surprised by the options!
- Avoid ordering traditional dishes from one region in another. It is extremely offensive to them.
- The coperto is a small fee, between 1 and 2 euros, that restaurants charge per customer. It’s nothing abnormal, so don’t be surprised when you see the bill: coperto, ok ?!
- Don’t be afraid to ask the waiter for advice, even if you don’t speak any Italian. They are usually super kind and won’t mind helping you.
- If you are going to eat pizza, don’t order ketchup or any other type of condiment: it is almost a crime to do so in Italy! At most, a drizzle of olive oil on top of the pizza. And yes, they will look at you ‘crooked’ and will probably give you an excuse to prevent you from committing this barbarity, in the Italian opinion!
1) Low cost and incredible restaurants for an unforgettable dinner in Italy: IN ROME
Sfiziarte ROMA – the restaurant is run by a couple, Laura and Tiziano, and it is FANTASTIC! They serve generous portions, dishes with incredible flavors, well-stuffed sandwiches and salads made with fresh ingredients. It’s simple, but the service is exceptional!
- Where it is: Via Leone IV, 101 – Roma.
- Hours: Monday to Saturday, from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Find out more about Rome by clicking here!
2) Low cost and incredible restaurants for an unforgettable dinner in Italy: IN MILAN
Portobello MILAN – combines simplicity with charm that only Milan knows how to offer and presents great dishes, very well served, in addition to the incredible service! The dishes here are very tasty and you can also opt for a pizza, which leaves nothing to be desired! All very tasty!
- Where it is: Via Plinio, 29 – Milan.
- Hours: Tuesday to Sunday, from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm and from 07:00 pm to 12:00 am.
- Find out more about Milan by clicking here!
Watch this video and learn: What is the average cost of a day in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
3)Low cost e and incredible restaurants for an unforgettable dinner in Italy: IN FLORENCE
La Capannina Bistrot FLORENCE – one of the best restaurants in Florence! The pastas are wonderful and there are several sauces options, in addition to pasta with seafood; the portions are very generous, the service is incredible and the restaurant is very well located.
- Where it is: Via Sant’Antonino 49 – Florence, Italy.
- Hours: Every day, from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm and from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- Learn more about Florence by clicking here!
4) Low cost and incredible restaurants for an unforgettable dinner in Italy: IN VENICE
Antico Forno VENICE – for those who like pizza, this place is a must! With divine pizzas and the most varied flavors, the dough is light and delicious! Besides, the place is very well located and the service here is incredible. Antico Forno is one of the most traditional pizzerias in Venice and lives up to its fame!
- Where is it: Calle de L’ogio o de la Rugheta, 970/973 – near the Rialto Bridge – Venice, Italy.
- Hours: every day, from 11:30 am to 9:30 pm.
- Learn more about Venice by clicking here!
5) Low cost and incredible restaurants for an unforgettable dinner in Italy: IN NAPLES
Trattoria da papa NÁPOLES – with that touch of family food, Sunday lunch flavor, it is a restaurant that presents us with an incredible range of meat, seafood, chicken and much more. The pastas, in particular, are WONDERFUL and all fresh! It’s the kind of place that will make you miss eating in Naples!
- Where it is: Via Nuova del Campo 56 – Naples, Italy.
- Hours: from 8:00 am to 12:00 am.
- Find out more about Naples by clicking here!
Guys, it is worth remembering that some hours may change according to the season, so check before going to the location. A good suggestion is to book in advance, mainly on two occasions: during the summer, in high season, when the city is CROWDED, and for dinner, which is usually the busiest time. Find out here How to book a restaurant in Italy?
Low cost and incredible restaurants for an unforgettable dinner in Italy. As we already said, eating in Italy is a delight, as well as not being expensive! You just need to know where to go and you will have no problem. There are options for all tastes: for those who eat meat, for those who don’t, for those who want to have a light, quick meal, for those who want to eat without haste. From hunger in Italy, you don’t die! You can be sure! Haha ha…
If you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip, do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier.
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, O.K.?