How to visit the Amalfi Coast using public transport?
The Amalfi Coast, in the Campania region, is full of charms! Formed by thirteen magnificent cities, among them Amalfi, which names the entire coast, is a must-see destination for anyone planning a trip to the south of Italy. Did you know that it is possible to visit the Amalfi Coast using public transport? We’ll see all the details on the subject later! Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
First of all, it is good to know that the Amalfi Coast presents itself in an elegant, but at the same time simple, way, and is formed by: Amalfi, Atrani, Cava de’ Tirreni, Cetara, Conca dei Marini, Furore, Maiori, Minori, Positano , Praiano, Ravello, Sant’Egidio del Monte Albino, Scala, Tramonti, Vietri sul Mare.
The coast stretches for about 60 km (from Vietri sul Mare to Positano) and its most famous cities are Amalfi, Positano and Ravelo. It is possible to visit all the cities on the coast using public transport and, in some parts, a pleasant walk takes you from one to the other. Would you like to know how to visit the Amalfi Coast using public transport?
Avoid peak hours: between 10 am and 1 pm, and between 5 pm and 9 pm.
Traveling by Car
In summer the road is even busier so if you rented a car, drive very carefully and don’t be in a hurry! Patience, in this case, is priority! Parking in cities costs around 5 euros, but you won’t always find spaces available, which can make you waste a little time. The solution, in this case, is to try to go to another nearby town or park further away from the center and take a walk. Read our Driving in Italy Section! If you prefer to have a more comfortable trip you can hire a private transfer. Click here and know more about it.
Don’t know where to rent the car?
We have a partner that can help you: Rent Cars! Have you ever thought about renting a car in Italy, without leaving your home? Click on the banner below to learn more! Search, compare and choose!
- If you are driving in Italy, you need the International Driving Permit (if you’re not European Citizen).
Another option is to use public transport!
It is undoubtedly an option to consider. Public transport in this area is safe, cheap and reaches all major cities! As not everything is perfection, of course, it is possible that the buses are delayed due to the traffic, or that you catch them FULL! Anyway, let’s see how to use it? See also our Section on Transport in Italy!
Let’s go to watch this video about the Amalfi Coast
Fonte: Zia Siddiqui
1) How to visit the Amalfi Coast using public transport? FROM NAPLES TO SORRENTO
Well, it is possible to reach Sorrento by train from Naples (to get to Naples, you can arrive by plane, train or car) using the Circumvesuviana (currently EAV – note: the official website of the company does not always work, alternatively, you can access the following website: Sorrento Insider.)
Circumvesuviana is the Rail Transport System in the Naples metropolitan area that largely covers the eastern and southern part of the Naples metropolitan area; Its coverage area also includes the city metropolitan rail service. The EAV leaves from Napoli Garibaldi Station and the ticket costs EUR 3.60. Travel time will depend on your chosen destination. To check the arrivals and departure times, click HERE!
2) How to visit the Amalfi Coast using public transport? FROM SORRENTO TO THE COAST
I will teach you two options coming from Sorrento to the Amalfi Coast.
- There are two companies that operate these bus sections: SITABUS and UNICO CAMPANIA.
- From Sorrento station, a SITA bus leaves for Positano and Amalfi. The journey takes between 60 and 90 minutes, depending on the place of arrival (Positano, Praiano, Conca dei Marini or Amalfi) and the ticket price is between 3 and 5 euros (depending on the route). It is possible to buy the ticket in loco.
We recommend paying close attention to train, bus and hydrofoil timetables, as they may change without prior notice. Another factor that can influence transport timetables is seasonality: timetables change according to the season, so check departure and arrival times carefully!
The numbers of the buses that operate there are as follows:
- From Sorrento to Positano: at Sorrento central station, buses 507036, 507037 or 507062 (the fastest) to Positano.
- From Positano to Praiano: take the bus number 507036 or 507037 in the La Sponda area which takes you to Praiano in 40 minutes.
- From Praiano to Amalfi: in Via Roma, the bus runs from Positano to Praiano, 507036 or 507037.
- From Amalfi to Ravelo: take the bus number 511009 at Piazza Flavio Gioia.
- From Ravelo to Minori: the bus leaves Marmorata and his number is 512001 or 512002.
- From Minori to Maiori: use the same bus, 512001 or 512002. It is very close, it takes about 15 minutes.
*Bus numbers are subject to change without notice. Please check carefully when purchasing your ticket.
You can also go to the Amalfi Coast from Sorrento using a fast hydrofoil. Travel time between Sorrento and Positano is 30 minutes and costs 18 euros. It is also possible to buy the ticket on the spot. Remembering that, as in our first option, the services presented here may also change their schedule without prior notice.
For more information on routes and operating hours, click HERE!
- Don’t do your Amalfi Coast itinerary in a hurry! Although the cities are not that big, they offer spectacular beauties, beaches, panoramas and monuments, which deserve special attention and time dedicated to them!
- Don’t follow a predetermined itinerary! The Amalfi Coast is even more beautiful (and surprising!) when we stroll along it in a relaxed way, without worrying about pre-defined itineraries!
3) How to visit the Amalfi Coast using public transport? GROUP TOURS
Departing from Naples and Sorrento there are also options for group tours to the Amalfi Coast! It is an excellent option if you want to save money and travel in comfort and tranquility. Here are some Examples of Group Tours to the Amalfi Coast:
From Naples and Sorrento there is also the option of group tours to the Amalfi Coast! It is an excellent option if you want to save money and travel in comfort and tranquility. Here are some Examples of Group Tours for the Amalfi Coast:
For those who want something comfortable, you can opt for Private Tours! They are more affordable than you think and you don’t have to worry about where to park or the transportation schedule. If you are in a larger group it is even the best option to get to know the beautiful Amalfi Coast.
Watch this video and learn: What is the average cost of a day in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
How to visit the Amalfi Coast using public transport? Getting to know the Amalftina Coast requires time, dedication and affection! As we mentioned before: don’t go in a hurry! And don’t worry about having a pre-defined itinerary, the magic of the Amalfi Coast is also getting to know the cities intuitively, following the gentle breeze and the noise of the sea. The Amalfi Coast is one of the most beautiful regions in Italy and is packed with tourists all year round! The beaches, mountains, aromas and colors make us instantly fall in love with every inch of this impressive coast. Words end up being unnecessary to describe this place that seems to have been drawn by hand and will make you want to come back again and again!
And if you feel insecure, have no time, and need help to organize your trip, don’t hesitate to contact me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy come true. And how can I do that? Keep reading this post until the end and you will understand how we make your life and your trip much easier
Did my post help you? If so, be sure to post your comment below, but if you still have questions just send me a message I will answer you as soon as possible!