How to go to the Amalfi Coast from Rome?
Hello, dear readers! I hope everyone is well and ready for the next vacation that promises to be UNFORGETTABLE! ???? Continuing our special series of round trips departing from Rome. Today I will dedicate my post to the wonderful Amalfi Coast. You liked it, didn’t you? And how to go to the Amalfi Coast from Rome? Let’s find out all the ways! If you stay for at least 3 or 4 days in Rome, you can take a quick trip to a neighboring city! There are endless possibilities and incredible cities to visit near the Italian capital! Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
As you may have already noticed, some locations in Italy can be visited ONLY by bus or car, and the Amalfi Coast is among them. Tips on the Amalfi Coast?
If you are in Naples or Sorrento you can go by public transport, more specifically, by bus, but if you are in Rome this choice would be practically impossible. I explain: you must consider that the round trip (Rome – Naples – Rome) will make you lose at least 3 hours (with the high speed train), in addition to adapt your schedules to those of the bus (from Naples), and, perhaps, to wait a little longer if there is a delay. It would just be stressful and very tiring! I personally advise against it! See our section on Transport in Italy!
If you are already in Naples, mainly in Sorrento (from Sorrento there are more departure times, but you may also experience delays!) The option of a public bus can be an alternative to be considered; if you want to save a little bit, and if it is not a problem for you to adapt to transport schedules, that’s fine, but I’ll talk about it in another post, O.K?
- Before I start, in fact, I wanted to give you some advice: many people want to visit the Amalfi Coast and Capri on the same day, thinking that there is time enough. Guys: don’t do that! Remember that from Rome to the entrance door of the Amalfi Coast, it will take you, on average, 3 hours by car, that is: the round trip will take you 6 hours. And to visit the Amalfi Coast with its 3 main cities you will need a minimum of 6 hours of tour! So, to travel smoothly, you must calculate at least 12 hours to be able to take this tour, O.K?
- Discover the cities of the Amalfi Coast here before organizing your itinerary:)
Let’s go?! “Ecco”, here are the 3 (three) probable options for visiting the Amalfi Coast from Rome. Let’s start getting into the Italian climate?
1) How to go to the Amalfi Coast from Rome? WITH A GROUP TOUR
Guys, this is the BEST option for those who do not want to worry about bus schedules, do not want to worry about the fact of “calculating” if there is time to go back and forth, for those who do not want a headache with possible delays, anyway … For those who just want to enjoy the beauty of this incredible place with safety, convenience and tranquility! The group tour is a perfect solution for those who do not want to spend so much (with a private tour, for example), for those who do not like to travel alone or for those who do not like to drive (or cannot drive).
- IDEAL option if you are alone, as a couple or with up to seven friends!
- Save time that you would probably waste going to the train stations to catch the trains, or with transportation to get to the tourist places to be visited.
- Visit more cities on the same day!
- Spend less time on travel, taxis, trains and buses.
- You can enjoy a “bicchiere di vino” (glass of wine) during lunch without having to worry about driving later :), since in Italy the laws are strict against those who drive after drinking!
- You travel safely and comfortably!
- There is practically none! Just the issue of adapting to the program of the day, and meeting the tour schedule!
- Remember to always check customer testimonials before proceeding with the booking.
GROUP TOUR IN AMALFI!
How about an amazing tour? To learn more and book your tour, click in the link bellow!
Sorrento & Amalfi Coast Day Trip
2) How to go to the Amalfi Coast from Rome? WITH A RENTED CAR
Going to the Amalfi Coast with a rental car is very simple and easy. Just go to the rental store and rent a car for the desired period! Or you can still rent in your country when planning your trip!
Good to know!
Among the first options, precisely because it does not have fixed times for sure the rental car is the ideal choice. It is always complicated to drive on roads that we do not know – it depends on person to person and the type of trip you are used to. This option is ideal if you like to drive! – IF YOU’RE DRIVING: DO NOT DRINK!
In addition, it is important to know that in tourist cities there are places (old town) where PARKING is NOT ALLOWED, and can only be used by residents! So it is important not to go to these places so as not to take unnecessary fines. In Italy it is common for them to tow the car or put that hubcap that blocks the vehicle’s exit! Be careful!
How to understand what these places are? See this post that talks about it, but in any case another tip for those who are unsure about it, is to park a little outside from the center and take a walk to reach the area, spending a little more, by taxi or other public transport.
- If you are in a group with 4 or 5 people it will be a great option instead of taking the train;
- Great for visiting more places on the same day, at your time and pace;
- It is the best form of transport for people who are used to driving anywhere and it is easy to locate!
- IF YOU DRIVE: DO NOT DRINK!
- Generally, those who drive cannot enjoy the beautiful view around, because you can’t take your eyes off the road!
- Extra expenses with GPS (average price of € 15.00 – A DAY) so you don’t get lost so much.
- Another thing, folks: to drive in Italy, as I have explained several times, is it essential to have an International Driver License AND your original driver license (in English) or with an official translation, ok?! If you don’t have these documents: DO NOT DRIVE, as you will have a lot of problems if you are stopped by the Italian police! READ ALSO: DO I NEED THE IDL TO DRIVE IN ITALY?
- Those who drive cannot drink, the Italian laws on this are very strict and you take the risk of getting a really huge fine. So if you intend to taste great Italian wine during lunch pay attention! Don’t risk ruining your vacation!
- It is not a suitable option for people who do not have the confidence to ask for information, especially if they do not speak Italian, as with the train or the bus not knowing the territory you can end up wasting precious time that could be used for tourist visits.
Traveling by car in Italy
How about if I give you a rental car option? Are you ready for it? If you are renting a car be sure to read our posts in the section Driving in Italy on the blog Your Travel to Italy. In addition to car itinerary tips, we have everything about signage, tolls, roads and many more tips.
Don’t know where to rent the car?
We have a partner that can help you: Rent Cars! Have you ever thought about renting a car in Italy, without leaving your home? Click on the banner below to learn more! Search, compare and choose!
3) How to go to the Amalfi Coast from Rome? WITH A PRIVATE TOUR
The last option is a private tour. The advantage of the private tour is the total freedom to decide your own time, not having to wait to leave, wasting unnecessary time and using it to get to know other places. In addition, the tour departs comfortably from your own hotel, which is important when you have little time available to visit a few places. In addition, of course, the arrival will not be at the train or bus station, but directly at the tourist spot you want to visit. And if you book in advance, you will often be able to have the driver in your own language, so you can easily ask for clarification about the trip.
This type of tour is ideal for VIPs and for small groups of friends or for the elderly. This type of service guarantees absolute comfort for those who travel. Basically, you should just enjoy the tour without the stress of attending train, subway, bus schedules, or worrying about where the main places to be seen are!
Are you interested in Private Tour?
Click here and ask for a free quotation!!!
- IDEAL option if you are a couple or with up to seven friends!
- It is safe, comfortable and you make your own schedules!
- Great for visiting more places on the same day, at your time and pace;
- You can enjoy a “bicchiere di vino” (glass of wine) during lunch without having to worry about driving afterwards :), since in Italy the laws are strict against those who drive after they drank (even a small amount of alcohol);
- You won’t have to worry about train or bus schedules, you won’t have to worry about whether you will be able to return to Rome or not.
- No need to ‘stick to’ schedules and itineraries.
- You will save a LOT of time, which you would lose traveling by bus and train.
- The value is a little higher, but a worthwhile investment! Especially if you like to do everything on your own time.
Watch this video and learn: What is the average cost of a day in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
TRAVEL TO ROME!
“Your Travel to Rome” is the quintessential e-book for your travel to one of the finest tourist destinations on the planet!
How to go to the Amalfi Coast from Rome? The Amalfi Coast is beautiful as well as all of Italy and it deserves a lot of attention, but just a small reminder: often, you get what you pay for, especially in a place that you do not know, and with a language you don’t know how to speak. So I suggest you think carefully about the options presented above, especially if you are traveling with children. Don’t take any risks! Invest a little more and travel safely, comfortably and without worries and without risk of ruining your long dreamed trip, O.K.?
And if you feel insecure, have no time, and need help to organize your trip, don’t hesitate to contact me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy come true. And how can I do that? Keep reading this post until the end and you will understand how we make your life and your trip much easier
Did my post help you? If so, be sure to post your comment below, but if you still have questions just send me a message I will answer you as soon as possible!
An Extra Help for your Trip
Car Rental in Italy - Want to travel in Italy by car but don't know where to rent one? We have the solution for you!
Suitcase to bring wine from Italy - How about a suitcase for you to take the best Italian wines to your house? Learn more about this facility
The best content from Your Travel to Italy!
Learn more about our tours in Italy right now!
- What to visit in Italy in 10 days?
- The ten must-see places in Tuscany?
- The best tips to save on your trip to Italy?
- What are the 10 most visited cities in southern Italy?
- Airports in Italy? How to get to your hotel? (Venice, Milan, Rome, Florence)
- What to do in 1/2/3/4 days in the main Italian cities?
- The best tips on food in Italy (wines, typical food, enogastronomy tours)
- How to get from Fiumicino Airport to Rome downtown?
- Your Travel to Italy: 10 tips for traveling through Italy!
Best regards from Italy