How can I ask for information in Italy?
Asking for information is not always necessary in Italy, as cities are very well signposted, but one street here and another there can be confusing, and it is super understandable. A tip for you to ‘locate’ yourself is to try to identify your hotel from some important monument, or from a certain street. But after all how can I ask for information in Italy? Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
Do you have a bad memory? Write down! Didn’t that work? Ask for information! Italians are very helpful and kind, despite the fame of grumpy. They always help when they can, and you can be sure that they will not deny you information. The ‘problem’ can be the language: you can hardly find an Italian on the street who speaks perfect English, but if you know the right words in Italian, there you go! You won’t be lost anymore! Read our Special Post Why do Italians gesticulate?
How can I ask for information in Italy? LEARN THIS MINI VOCABULARY
Learn at least the names in ITALIAN of the cities, direction, some objects and greetings (kind expressions!). Some cities do not ‘change’ a lot in English, others do, the premise also serves for Church names. Of course, if we were to write the names of all cities and churches in Italian and English, this post would have 500 pages (laughs), but let’s give some examples: (in English and Italian respectively). Discover our Italian Words Vocabulary Section!
- Milan :: Milano
- Florence :: Firenze
- Turin :: Torino
- Padua :: Padova
- Right :: Destra
- Left :: Sinistra
- Exit :: Uscita (‘uxita’ is said)
- Tomorrow :: Domani
- Ticket (by train, entrance) :: Biglietto
- Arrival :: Arrivo
- Departure :: Partenza
- Train :: Treno
- Bus :: Autobus
- Knife :: Coltello
- Fork :: Forchetta (‘forqueta’ is spoken)
- Spoon :: Cuchiaio (‘cuquiaio’ is said)
- Glass :: Bichiere (‘biquieri’ is said)
- Ashtray :: Portacener (‘portachênere’ is said)
- Exceuse me :: Con permesso
- Thanks! :: Grazie
- Where is it… :: Dov’è (‘dové’)
- San Giovanni :: Saint John
- Madonna :: Our Lady
- Help! :: Aiuto!
Learn Italian Quickly with Real Situations!
100% online Italian course – Click here without obligation ..
- Before traveling, search the internet for the name of the monuments of the city where you are going. Several cities have a Tourist Information Point (the name may vary from city to city, in some it is called ‘tourist information’), where information in several languages and maps is available.
- Another golden tip is to ask for information at the hotel! They know nearby restaurants, shortest routes to the sights and they will give you the information in a clear and objective way.
Watch this video and learn: Five things to never do in Italy
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
How can I ask for information in Italy? If you need information in Italy don’t be shy: they will love to help you, since they are super helpful. In the bookstores there are several tour guides that can also help a LOT on your trip! And if you need help organizing your trip, don’t hesitate to contact me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy come true. And if you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip, do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier.
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, O.K.?
An Extra Help for your Trip
Car Rental in Italy - Want to travel in Italy by car but don't know where to rent one? We have the solution for you!
Suitcase to bring wine from Italy - How about a suitcase for you to take the best Italian wines to your house? Learn more about this facility
The best content from Your Travel to Italy!
Learn more about our tours in Italy right now!
- What to visit in Italy in 10 days?
- The ten must-see places in Tuscany?
- The best tips to save on your trip to Italy?
- What are the 10 most visited cities in southern Italy?
- Airports in Italy? How to get to your hotel? (Venice, Milan, Rome, Florence)
- What to do in 1/2/3/4 days in the main Italian cities?
- The best tips on food in Italy (wines, typical food, enogastronomy tours)
- How to get from Fiumicino Airport to Rome downtown?
- Your Travel to Italy: 10 tips for traveling through Italy!
Best regards from Italy