How can I choose a good restaurant in Italy?
Italy is famous for so many reasons that it is difficult to list them all. Cultural, historical and, of course, gastronomic attractions! All Italian cities have countless options for amazing places to eat and, best of all, for all budgets! But let’s know how can I choose a good restaurant in Italy? Here you will learn the best way to choose a good restaurant without making mistakes. Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
1) How can I choose a good restaurant in Italy? IN TOURIST CITIES
In the most touristy cities, however, there are some ‘pitfalls’ that you need to avoid, even if they look extremely attractive like tourist restaurants. It is not difficult to identify them: they are always full (or not! It depends on the city and the time of year!), the menu is presented in all possible and imaginable languages and the price is super low, but the quality of the service, and the food, leaves something to be desired. Also read our Special Post on Romantic Restaurants in Italy!
2) How can I choose a good restaurant in Italy? EATING WELL
One of the main and most important tips for those who want to eat well is: eat like an Italian! And how can you do that? It is simple, here’s how:
- Stay away from the ‘mess’ of tourists! And for that it is not necessary to go far, as often charming (and spectacular!) restaurants are located on the side streets, which generally nobody explores, because it is not part of the tourist circuit.
- Traditional, canteen, family and smaller restaurants are excellent options. How is the price? Very fair! Something like: appetizer, main course, dessert and a glass of wine will pay you around 15 Euros / 20 Euros per person! It’s really worth it!
3) How can I choose a good restaurant in Italy? USING APPLICATIONS
Explore the city where you are! There is so much to be discovered and in the gastronomic field it is not different! However, to help you even more, today we will give you a hint of two Apps that will help you to choose the ideal restaurant.
The Fork App
One of them is part of one of the most reputable sites and it has a huge database, which makes us find options for the most diverse palates and budgets. I’m talking about The Fork, click here to find out more and make a reservation. The Fork belongs to the TripAdvisor group and is present worldwide! Just download it (available for iOS and Android) and, by activating your location, you can choose the restaurant by type of food, price, discount (!!!) among other options. The best thing is that you can make a reservation through the App itself, see the review and the rating of the establishment and besides, it even suggests the best restaurants in the region where you are.
Google Maps app
Another App that is worth having on your phone and that also works very well is the Google Maps App. With it it is possible to increase or decrease the map and see, close to where you are, which restaurants are there. It is also possible to check reviews and photos of the place and some dishes. All ‘powered’ by users, the App is great if you don’t want to get too far from where you are. The cool thing about the App is that it is also possible to view all available services in the region such as a drugstore, supermarkets, stores etc. It’s fantastic!
4) How can I choose a good restaurant in Italy? SEARCHING
Guys, to travel smoothly, in addition to organization, of course, you need to search! Search a lot! Read about the place you’re going to, search for apps that can help you during the trip (preferably those that work offline!), Write down, ask for tips for friends… and don’t miss anything for your much desired and dreamed trip! Speaking of which: See all posts in the Food category (tips on restaurants in the main cities, how to save money, where to make appetizers, best wineries, etc.). SECTION BEST TIPS ON FOOD IN ITALY!
Watch this video and learn: What is the average cost of a day in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
How can I choose a good restaurant in Italy? When you’re at your destination, don’t hesitate to ask questions! That’s right, don’t be afraid! At the reception of the hotel there are always several tips on great places to visit such as restaurants, shops, markets, but few people pay attention to that! And the best thing is that, sometimes, the hotel has an agreement with restaurants and other establishments that can offer you discounts.
If you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip, do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier.
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, O.K.?
An Extra Help for your Trip
Car Rental in Italy - Want to travel in Italy by car but don't know where to rent one? We have the solution for you!
Suitcase to bring wine from Italy - How about a suitcase for you to take the best Italian wines to your house? Learn more about this facility
The best content from Your Travel to Italy!
Learn more about our tours in Italy right now!
- What to visit in Italy in 10 days?
- The ten must-see places in Tuscany?
- The best tips to save on your trip to Italy?
- What are the 10 most visited cities in southern Italy?
- Airports in Italy? How to get to your hotel? (Venice, Milan, Rome, Florence)
- What to do in 1/2/3/4 days in the main Italian cities?
- The best tips on food in Italy (wines, typical food, enogastronomy tours)
- How to get from Fiumicino Airport to Rome downtown?
- Your Travel to Italy: 10 tips for traveling through Italy!
Best regards from Italy