Gay itinerary in Italy?
Italy for the LGBT audience. The LGBT public (the acronym LGBT stands for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transvestites, Transsexuals and Transgenders, and is also used as the name of a movement that fights for the rights of homosexuals and against homophobia) is one of the most traveled around the world. It is an audience that likes to get to know new places, new people, different cultures and love a ‘bustle’! Let’s go to our post of the day, shall we discover a gay itinerary in Italy? Where to go? Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patriciayou make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
In recent years, the demand of this group for Italy, specifically and especially, has increased considerably and, therefore, this post is dedicated to them! 🙂 Let’s talk about the main attractions in Rome and Milan dedicated exclusively to this incredible audience that loves to party in interesting places, full of beautiful and lively people! Ready? So come on! Read also Which Monuments can be visited at night in Italy?
1) Gay itinerary in Italy? Where to go? ROME
The eternal city and one of the cradles of humanity is enchanting! Being a big city, it is full of options for all tastes. Via di San Giovanni in Laterano, located next to the Colosseum has stood out as one of the main LGBT spots in Rome. There are several bars, clubs and environments for the LGBT public, who chose this street as an option for fun! They are practically all lined up and your huge problem will be deciding which option to choose. I will suggest two that are super famous !!!
A bar full of charm, it has become a night spot for the LGBT community. It is open all day and you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner there. The excellent location helps a lot!
- Address: Via di S. Giovanni in Laterano, 8 – Roma
- Opening hours: every day from 7:00 am to 2:00 am
On the same street, another popular spot is My Bar, a bar with varied music in addition to the food and drink service.
- Address: Via di S. Giovanni in Laterano, 12 – Roma
- Opening hours: every day, from 8 am to 2 am
2) Gay itinerary in Italy? Where to go? MILAN
World fashion capital, it is also gay friendly and has several options for fun! During the day, take the opportunity to visit tourist attractions such as the Cathedral, the Vittorio Emanuele Gallery (to go crazy with those high fashion divine showcases!) and the La Scala Theater. At night, you can visit:
One of the most sought-after locations in Milan by the LGBT community is Lecco Milano; a ‘bar-nightclub’ that plays a bit of everything and the ‘gang’ is no more than 30 years old.
- Address: Via Lecco, 5 – Milan
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm, for lunch; and every night from 6 pm to 2 am
Very appropriate name for a place full of brightness and beauty. With a different attraction per week, it is one of the most beautiful and well-frequented LGBT clubs in Milan. It only opens on Saturdays.
- Address: Via Turati, 29 – Milan
- Hours: Only on Saturdays, from 12:00 am to 05:00 am
Always crowded, plays electronic music and is a point of reference in entertainment for the Milanese LGBT public. It is worth a visit!
- Address: Via Valtellina, 25 – Milan
- Hours: from Wednesday to Monday, from 11:00 pm to 4:00 am.
LGBT nightclub that mixes live music with playlists from some invited DJs. It is not large and the public is quite varied.
- Address: Via Sammartini, 30 – Milan
- Hours: Wednesday to Saturday, from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am
3) Gay itinerary in Italy? Where to go? ACCESS THE SEARCH WEBSITES
I know that the options were not so many, but there are some websites where you can specify the type of place you want to go and choose, including by price range. The sites are as follows:
- Rome and Milan are the cities that offer the best options for the LGBT audience, and there are many. In the case of Rome, the nightlife for this audience is concentrated on Via di San Giovanni in Laterano, but in Milan it is necessary to make a more accurate search, as they are scattered throughout the city and each one has a different style, so research before go out clubbing, OK?
Watch this video and learn: What is the average cost of a day in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
Gay itinerary in Italy? Where to go? Either way, Italy is ready to receive this very special audience, with great affection and open arms. Just remembering that homophobia IS a CRIME and every HUMAN BEING has the right TO COME AND GO, regardless of color, creed or sexual orientation! Have fun my dears, you deserve it!
If you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip, do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier.
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, O.K.?