Food vocabulary in Italy
It is wrong to think that Italian is only spoken in Italy, countries like Switzerland, San Marino, Vatican and Istria (in Slovenia) and in some cities in Croatia use Italian as the official language. In other countries like Albania, Malta and Monaco, Italian is a ‘co-official’ language, and even in North Africa, Italian is used, mainly in international negotiations. Here we will give you a summary with the Food Vocabulary in Italy for you to speak the basics in restaurants! Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
Find out all about food in our section on Food in Italy! There you will find lots of tips and information about restaurants, typical foods, wines and more. Also read our Special Post Basic Vocabulary for a trip to Italy! How about good tips on restaurants in Italy? The Fork is one of the best sites for this! Click here to learn more!
Food vocabulary in Italy? LEARN THE MOST USED WORDS
Check out these food vocabulary tips widely used in Italy in restaurants.
- Antipasti: are the appetizers and entrees;
- Formaggi: these are cheeses, which are generally very tasty;
- Primo piatto: it is a hot dish, usually a pasta, which can be gnocchi, lasagna, pasta, etc;
- Secondo piatto: is the main dish, usually with fish, red or white meat.
- Contorno: usually it is the salads or cooked vegetables that accompany the main dish;
- Caffé – Italians are very fond of having coffee, preferably espresso, right after the meal;
- Digestive: can be a liquor or wine, which serve as an accompaniment at the end of meals;
- Dolce: dessert, which can even be a cake or cookie, for example.
Watch this video and learn: Five things to never do in Italy
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
Food vocabulary in Italy. Ready to travel to Italy? Don’t forget to print our vocabulary guide and buon viaggio! And if you feel insecure, have no time, and need help to organize your trip, don’t hesitate to contact me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy come true. And how can I do that? Keep reading this post until the end and you will understand how we make your life and your trip much easier.
Did my post help you? If so, be sure to post your comment below, but if you still have questions just send me a message I will answer you as soon as possible!