Five things to NEVER do in Italy!
Those who have an Italian family know how attached they are to traditions, which are: family reunion, noise, chatter, typical dishes, a dialect spoken in the most rustic way possible. In Italy, there are a number of things that they consider offensive and that can put you in trouble! Shall we satisfy our curiosity right away and find out what five things to NEVER do in Italy? Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams!!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
1) Five things to NEVER do in Italy! PHOTOS AND PROHIBITED PLACES
Take a picture in a prohibited place and SIT on stairs! Never, ever, under any circumstances disregard this rule. In some monuments, in the Sistine Chapel, for example, it is FORBIDDEN to take a photo and if you go against the rule you may even be expelled from the place. Italians are very fond of the monuments they have and are extremely offended when they see that this respect does not exist on the part of VISITORS.
- So, if there is a PROHIBITED PHOTOGRAPHY warning, respect it! And never go up on monuments, statues and others to take a picture: it looks bad!
- As well as avoid SITTING on stairs in tourist places (Altar of the Homeland in Rome, St Mark’s Square etc). Some places are prohibited and the police can give you a scolding !! PS: Spanish Square in Rome is a big exception to this rule.
Watch this video and learn: What is the average cost of a day in Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
2) Five things to NEVER do in Italy! THE ITALIAN PIZZA
Asking for condiments to put on the pizza! Unless you want to be deported on the first plane, FOR GOD’S SAKE, NEVER ask for condiments to put on the pizza! Lol… They ABOMIN people who want to ‘add’ condiments to the precious Italian pizza.
- They understand that adding this type of ‘seasoning’ to the pizza is to mask the taste of bad food, and they’ll be very offended, so: avoid it!
- Read: How is the pizza in Italy?
3) Five things to NEVER do in Italy! SPEAKING “ITALIANISM”
Speak ‘Italianism’! You don’t speak Italian, but you think ‘Italianism’ will save you: it won’t! Hahaha… Italians DETEST whoever tries to speak a language that doesn’t exist and may think that you are making fun of them and their language, then the weather can get a little embarrassing, so it’s better to point, to gesture (BE CAREFUL WITH THE GESTURES!) or to have a small auxiliary list in your pocket or cell phone with key words (especially for restaurants!). Ah, avoid asking for a dish with ‘io voglio’ (pronounced ‘io vô-lio’ – I want to), the waiter will correct you with a resounding ‘vorrei’ (pronounced vôrrei – I’d like to). They value VERY, VERY, VERY much politeness in Italy. So smile and be nice!
4) Five things to NEVER do in Italy! HANDS WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION
Put your hand on everything! In stores, fairs, grocery stores: NEVER put your hand on anything without authorization! Italians don’t like this bad habit of taking everything in hand to see ‘up close’ because they belong to the ‘it’s to see with your eyes, not your hands!’ group. Ask the attendant to show you something that may be of interest to you and you will have no major problems.
5) Five things to NEVER do in Italy! RESTAURANTS
Enter a restaurant and sit at a table chosen by you! In Italy who chooses the table for the customers is the waiter, so DO NOT ENTER AND SIT, wait at the door and the waiter will come to you to accommodate you. They see it as impolite to enter, sit down and think that everything is fine. And they are very annoying with this: such an attitude can cost you a terrible service, so: remember this tip, O.K. Read: How to behave in Italy? Etiquette in Italy? Tip, to give or not?
Five things to NEVER do in Italy! There are several differences between the North and the South of Italy, but all of the items mentioned above are valid for ENTIRE Italy! And if you feel insecure or have no time, and need help to organize your trip, do not hesitate to look for me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy. And how can I do that? Continue reading this post until the end and you will understand how can we make your life and journey easier
Did my post help you? If yes, make sure to leave your comment below, but if you still have questions, just leave them as a comment below and I will reply, O.K.?
An Extra Help for your Trip
Car Rental in Italy - Want to travel in Italy by car but don't know where to rent one? We have the solution for you!
Suitcase to bring wine from Italy - How about a suitcase for you to take the best Italian wines to your house? Learn more about this facility
The best content from Your Travel to Italy!
Learn more about our tours in Italy right now!
- What to visit in Italy in 10 days?
- The ten must-see places in Tuscany?
- The best tips to save on your trip to Italy?
- What are the 10 most visited cities in southern Italy?
- Airports in Italy? How to get to your hotel? (Venice, Milan, Rome, Florence)
- What to do in 1/2/3/4 days in the main Italian cities?
- The best tips on food in Italy (wines, typical food, enogastronomy tours)
- How to get from Fiumicino Airport to Rome downtown?
- Your Travel to Italy: 10 tips for traveling through Italy!
Best regards from Italy