Discover the charming Lerici, in Liguria
Some Italian cities, especially those close to major tourist hotspots, are often overlooked by tourists; either because there is little information about it or because they are not part of the big flow; today we are going to talk about one of the most charming, Lerici. Let’s get to our post of the day! Discover the charming Lerici, in Liguria. Here at Your Travel to Italy with Ana Patricia you make the trip of your dreams !!! ALSO: see our “Accommodation in Italy – Tips for your holidays!”
A little more about Lerici
The best thing about Lerici is, without a doubt, its ‘anonymity’! “Anonymity” because Europeans know it well and end up choosing Lerici to spend the long-awaited summer vacation. Much less crowded than the ‘neighbors’, the city offers an excellent hotel structure and fantastic restaurants. The ‘blocks’ of pastel colored houses, give the ideal touch that pleases our eyes and blends in a magical way with the turquoise sea and blue sky: a wonder! LEARN MORE ABOUT LIGURIA HERE!
1) Discover the enchanting Lerici, in Liguria: VISIT THE LERICI CASTLE
The seafront boardwalk, which gives us a view of the Gulf of Poets, is 2.5 km long and is already worth the trip there! Life in Lerici is simple, peaceful and relaxing! Imposing, one of the main points of the city is the Castle of Lerici, which rises majestically on the highest point of the city; it was built in 1152, but the current form only began to be built in 1555.
- The castle is not always open to visitors, and that is also true for the elevator that takes you to the top of the hill, but don’t worry, because the staircase that takes you to the top is not so tiring and the view from the top is worth the effort.
2) Discover the enchanting Lerici, in Liguria: VISIT PIAZZA GIUSEPPE GARIBALDI
Another important place in the city is its main square, Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, which is the heart of the city; in the summer, it seems to come alive and invite us to sit in one of the many restaurants, bars and ice cream parlors and enjoy the joy and beauty that Lerici offers us! From there it is also possible to have a privileged view of the city’s beautiful port: boats arrive and depart in an enchanting ballet!
Map 01 with the attractions in Lerici
3) Discover the enchanting Lerici, in Liguria: VISIT TELLARO
To the south of the city, you will find Tellaro, a passionate village that presents us with a blue sea of dreams and an impressive peace. The road that takes us there is full of curves, charming and old.
4) Discover the enchanting Lerici, in Liguria: VISIT FIASCHERINO
Another village worth visiting is Fiascherino, which is between Tellaro and Lerici. It is even less frequented and here you will find the tranquility you are looking for to spend a day by the sea.
5) Discover the enchanting Lerici, in Liguria: VISIT SAN TEREZO
Continuing along the Lerici promenade, don’t miss San Terezo. An old fishing village has kept its charms over the years.
Map 02 with the attractions in Lerici
Curiosities and Useful Information
- Why Gulf of Poets? Because it was there that many poets were inspired to write their incredible texts. Names such as Henry James and Lord Bryan often stayed there, and for that they were honored with the Gulf, which was called the Gulf of Poets.
- The New York Times has already cited the Quattro Terre (Lerici, Fiascherino, San Terezo and Tellaro) and highlighted that, in addition to beauty, cities do not suffer from the large mass of tourists (yet!), which makes them charming, calm and ideal for those looking to get away from large crowds.
- Public transport around the region is somewhat limited, as there are no trains and bus schedules are very short. If you have a car, great, but the closest parking is 15 minutes from downtown.
Watch this video and learn: How To Save On Food In Italy?
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
Discover the enchanting Lerici, in Liguria! Outside the Cinque Terre glamor circuit, Lerici presents us with peace, sea, flavors and aromas, and it will make you fall in love! And If you feel insecure, have no time, and need help to organize your trip, don’t hesitate to contact me! I will love to help you make your dream trip to Italy come true. And how can I do that? Keep reading this post until the end and you will understand how we make your life and your trip much easier.
Did my post help you? If so, be sure to post your comment below, but if you still have questions just send me a message I will answer you as soon as possible!